• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check out this Modded CUCV

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Geez-Awmighty! A TH350 behind a big block turning 1-ton axles shod w/ 38" rubber? Me thinks bad moon on the rise... unless you wanna' just keep it parked in the driveway, something is eventually gonna' blow chunks right out the side of the case or pan.

1984M1009

Shouldn't be called a CUCV or M1009/1008/1028
if the Diesel has been pulled.
I don't know about the rest of ya
but if it doesn't have the 6.2NA 6.2T or the 6.5/6.5T
you might as well call it a FORMER Military CUCV :cookoo:
I agree it should at least have a diesel otherwise it is just a blazer with a camo paint job

I also have no idea why you would replace the turbo 400 for a turbo 350

344lbsofgetdown

I think he meant a 5.9 cummins or a 6.5 Gm i dont know but i am all for custom stuff but there is a limmit to what u should do if u wanted a GAS blazer u should have bought one and some CARC paint to go with it when u get a M1009 u are getting a piece of history all they need is basic stuff to make em more reliable and little mods all i did to mine was rinoline the tub and undercoat will install some tuns but will not cut up the dash to do so but hay to each his own and its your cash not mine so spend it like u want to thats just my 2 cents i will keep the 6.2 power house and it will go anywhere i need to go :beer:

CUCV85

I think he meant a 5.9 cummins or a 6.5 Gm i dont know but i am all for custom stuff but there is a limmit to what u should do if u wanted a GAS blazer u should have bought one and some CARC paint to go with it when u get a M1009 u are getting a piece of history all they need is basic stuff to make em more reliable and little mods all i did to mine was rinoline the tub and undercoat will install some tuns but will not cut up the dash to do so but hay to each his own and its your cash not mine so spend it like u want to thats just my 2 cents i will keep the 6.2 power house and it will go anywhere i need to go :beer:
I prefer the stock set up of the CUCV
although the thought of a modified
example Turbo 6.2 or 6.5 is interesting.
Croatan_Kid put a 5.9 Cummins
in his CUCV pickup that is AWESOME.
:beer: