• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cherry boms how load are they?

REDWOLF

I need to put some new mufflers on my M1009 and was thinking about just putting some cherry boms on her but was wandering how load they would be? I will be installing a compleatly new exhaust when i get the cash, but for now just need some new mufflers to replace the one on the passanger side that has rotted off at the tail pipe. I do live in a house development and leave pritty early in the morning so i am trying to think of my nabors. Also i know i need to replace both to keep the back preshure the same on both sides. I have cherry boms on my jeep with a 383 stroker in it and it will wake the dead when i start it up. Let me know what ya think or if you are running them on yours.

91W350

I think you answered your own question. The 6.2 takes a decent muffler. If they are loud on your Jeep, the higher compression diesel without turbo with be worse.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You get 15 threads with the words"cherry bomb" in the CUCV forum, if you do an advanced search for "cherry bomb". I didn't read them all, but I bet you can find your answer in one of them.

You new guys NEED TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before posting. That is what we(Mods and Admin) want and expect. Don't complain, just do it.

Yes Mr dogHead we will search first and ask questions later lol cherry bombs ok but if u dont wanna wake the dead dont put them on and as 91w350 said they are much worse on a non turboed diesel i know when i bought my red m1008 prior owners had those on it Gawd i hate that i have a stock exhaust and i love being able to enjoy my truck at 55mph my neighbors love me now 2 hahahah

Ripcord01

They are probally no louder than a Deuce grunting life in the morn. It is when you step on the gas that they said good morn to all. I say go for it.If it is temp. I love the Stroker.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldn't you want to be quiet, When I was a kid we used to install cherry bombs on our cars to make them rumble.
In my humble opinion the quieter the better, you can spend the same amount of money as the cherry to achieve this.

344lbsofgetdown

go on u tube there is a video of a m1009 with them and its LOUD go with a cherry bomb turbo muffler or a thrush it has the flowmaster body but the cherry bomb price autozone sales em for like 25 bucks a piece

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read!

notsosanestan

its going to be really loud i took mine off and got stock ones. at highway speeds everyone next to u is going to hate u.
Trust me i know lol

axeman

loud! i had glasspacks on my cucv, going over snoqualmie pass my wife witnessed the two people in the car next to us holding fingers in ears. before i had the packs put on,i ran a test for about eighty miles on highway 395. drove to job sight, cut mufflers out entirely. not bad with no load. with any additional throttle, deafening. even with earplugs. muffler shop welded them in without further modification.i ran glasspacks for 7 years.good mod for the money.