• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevrolet 5 Ton conversion

chevrolet5ton

from here, I am going to install stainless headers, with stainless flowmaster series 10 true duals, drag car mufflers. snorkel kit, 4 wheel wildwood rotors, 4 wheel brembo calipers, brace up the bed better, finish the front and rear bumpers with d rings, spotlights, winch, and all. bodywork and paint it with rustoleum industrial outdoor red on a roller...lol. the industrial outdoor paint is thick and has good lasting pigment in it, shouldn't chalk up in 5 yrs or so like a lot of them.

chevrolet5ton

also besides the 53" Michelins I also have a set of 66" monster truck tires and wheels I could put on it. but if I do that I want to change the steering to dual rams with an orbital box.

chevrolet5ton

tim, there are several options. what diameter and width rotors will you be using? I have four pistons, six pistons, and eight piston calipers available. be forewarned they get pricey since they are brembos. a typical brembo 4 piston caliper axial mount caliper used is around 175.00 each, and around 400.00 new. they go up from there. I am going to use four large four piston calipers from a 993/911 turbo front set up. so I will be using 4 front calipers on my five ton with Kevlar pads.

TurboTim

My rotor are 280mm. I will measure the thickness later. Those seem like okay prices. I am trying to swap them onto a Volvo V70R I will see if I can located the caliper that is supposed to be used. Are yours faded from track use or not? I have found them before but they where always faded. I kinda laughed out loud when you said you were going to use 4 calipers in the front. Too bad the wheels don't have any holes to show off all that bling.

chevrolet5ton

My rotor are 280mm. I will measure the thickness later. Those seem like okay prices. I am trying to swap them onto a Volvo V70R I will see if I can located the caliper that is supposed to be used. Are yours faded from track use or not? I have found them before but they where always faded. I kinda laughed out loud when you said you were going to use 4 calipers in the front. Too bad the wheels don't have any holes to show off all that bling.
I will be using 4 front calipers but will be one mounted per wheel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks