• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevrolet 5 Ton conversion

chevrolet5ton

from here, I am going to install stainless headers, with stainless flowmaster series 10 true duals, drag car mufflers. snorkel kit, 4 wheel wildwood rotors, 4 wheel brembo calipers, brace up the bed better, finish the front and rear bumpers with d rings, spotlights, winch, and all. bodywork and paint it with rustoleum industrial outdoor red on a roller...lol. the industrial outdoor paint is thick and has good lasting pigment in it, shouldn't chalk up in 5 yrs or so like a lot of them.

chevrolet5ton

also besides the 53" Michelins I also have a set of 66" monster truck tires and wheels I could put on it. but if I do that I want to change the steering to dual rams with an orbital box.

chevrolet5ton

tim, there are several options. what diameter and width rotors will you be using? I have four pistons, six pistons, and eight piston calipers available. be forewarned they get pricey since they are brembos. a typical brembo 4 piston caliper axial mount caliper used is around 175.00 each, and around 400.00 new. they go up from there. I am going to use four large four piston calipers from a 993/911 turbo front set up. so I will be using 4 front calipers on my five ton with Kevlar pads.

TurboTim

My rotor are 280mm. I will measure the thickness later. Those seem like okay prices. I am trying to swap them onto a Volvo V70R I will see if I can located the caliper that is supposed to be used. Are yours faded from track use or not? I have found them before but they where always faded. I kinda laughed out loud when you said you were going to use 4 calipers in the front. Too bad the wheels don't have any holes to show off all that bling.

chevrolet5ton

My rotor are 280mm. I will measure the thickness later. Those seem like okay prices. I am trying to swap them onto a Volvo V70R I will see if I can located the caliper that is supposed to be used. Are yours faded from track use or not? I have found them before but they where always faded. I kinda laughed out loud when you said you were going to use 4 calipers in the front. Too bad the wheels don't have any holes to show off all that bling.
I will be using 4 front calipers but will be one mounted per wheel.