• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevy 4x4 Dump (K30) Recovered

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Ray. People of Greyhound rival the People of Walmart. For those that know jackets, picture this. 60° outside. Female on the bus wearing teenage mutant ninja pajama bottoms, house slippers and an N2B parka with the hood up. Yikes.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pickup complete. Drove the truck to my sisters house and visited for the day. While headed to our hotel room the alt belt failed. Made it in no problem. There is a car quest a half mile away, belt is in stock. Will have it going in the AM and will be on the road.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We were in Williamsburg. Had more issues along the way. Now in Waynesville waiting on AAA. Master cylinder failure.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am home, truck is not but will be today or tomorrow. Things I learned along the way. First, some folks can sleep dang near anywhere. If you are not completely convinced that you are that person, don't take the Greyhound redeye and expect to sleep all night or at all. Second, Murphy's law of exhaust leaks. If there is just a slight wisp of a donut gasket leaking, you will soon be void of that gasket and hours later of your hearing. What you will be blessed with is a rock and roll size case of ringing ears. Tonitis ain't crap compared to this. When the brake pedal drops, the pressure differential turns the brake lights on and the truck has little intention of stopping, it's time to stop your advance..

Things I enjoyed, spending a day with my sister who I haven't seen in a lot of years. Quality time with my brother who traveled with me and saved my bacon and getting to spend an hour with Blake. Would I do it again.....probably, but not for quite a while. Despite the difficulties with the truck, I am quite pleased with it. The brake failure is likely a blessing in disguise, forces me to go through them completely.

Glad to be home, but need more sleep, long day, short night

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First, some folks can sleep darn near anywhere. If you are not completely convinced that you are that person, don't take the Greyhound redeye and expect to sleep all night or at all.
Fell asleep in the South China Sea on the deck of a carrier with my legs wrapped around the intake of an F-4J while it was doing an engine test. Slept under the flight deck arresting gear wires for two cruises with planes bouncing on my ceiling.

Guess I can sleep on a Greyhound, oh wait, I did cross country in '79.

Glad you're home safe.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No pics on the hook yet. Its on the way down now, maybe later. MPG sucks. I didn't know that they offered this truck with TBI and a carb. RPO showed the carbureted 350. TBI will be installed before winter.

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel mileage will probably still suck with the TBI but it will start easier. Glad you made it back safe Kenny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks