• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chillicothe, Ohio Veterans Day Parade

cjcottrill

I know it's early but: the local Veterans Hospital will be hosting it's annual Veterans Day Parade Nov. 6. Line up time at the hospital will be 11:00. Russ Jones used to bring the MV contingent but since his passing there is a fear that it may be a little short. I plan on taking my Deuce & a trailer, anyone else available will be appreciated. We are about an hour South of Columbus, two hours east of Cinncinnati, hour Southeast of Dayton. Not usually a big crowd, many of the Vets are only able to view from their rooms. We are a pretty big campus and the parade route goes by all the patient buildings. If anyone is interested send me a PM and I'll provide more information.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
There's no way we (CAMO) can be there...too far and a parade scheduled here locally.

BUT...I want to thank you for the effort and we will be there with you in spirit!!

GOD BLESS....and good luck.

cjcottrill

Thanks for the consideration! I was the only one who showed up with MV's for the Veterans Appreciation Picnic in the Summer. I have attached a copy of the registration form. If you need it in a different format, let me know. I'll let the coordinator know about the possibility of additional parade stock! There is also a plan for an indoor static display, (stuff that can be carried into the rec-hall) for the same day if anyone is interested.

Attachments

cjcottrill

Two week reminder! I've attached some pics of my rig in the Fall Festival of leaves parade last week. Also did the Heritage parade Tuesday, headed to the pumpkin festival tomorrow, followed by the Halloween parade next week, then the Veteran's parade on the 6th, after that will be the jingle bell parade. Great time of year to show the MV's.

Last edited:

usafe7ret

I'll be with you all in spirit! My home town there. I don't have a MV yet, but I'll be thinking of the vets there. My mom worked there as a nurse's aid for about 16 years or so.

cjcottrill

Getting ready for the local Halloween parade to-night, just wanted to remind you of the Veterans Parade at the Chillicothe Veterans Affairs Medical Center next Saturday the 6th.

cjcottrill

Line up is at 11:00 A.M. at the Chillicothe Paints Baseball Stadium. It is located on the hospital grounds. From US 35, take the Chillicothe High Street Exit, turn North onto Rt. 104, take the second V.A entrance, turn left at the ball field. There are scheduled to be some displays in the Rec. Hall at 10:00. Parade starts at noon. If you want to mapquest or google, it's 17273 State Route 104, Chillicothe Ohio, 45601.

Thanks

cjcottrill

Thanks KIPMAN and others, looking forward to seeing you there. This will certainly not be the biggest parade we have participated in but certainly has a lot of meaning to a few folks. The VA did this sort of thing back in the 70's when we had about 2,000 inpatients. They just started it up a few years ago again. Now a-days we have only a couple hundred inpatients, but thousands of out-patient visits per week. You'll notice construction everyplace. This is the first major rehab for us in years. A bit of history, The Chillicothe VA saw it's first patient in 1929. On another note, Russ Jones's widow will be bringing some static displays from the Hallsville Museum to place on exhibit in the recreation hall. It will open at 10:00 and will remain open in the afternoon following the parade.

Have a safe drive, see you there.

cjcottrill

I'll be taking my 8 year old grandson to work at a fundraising pancake breakfast at the local Max & Erma's Sat. morning at 0830, we'll leave from there to go to the VA, it's only about 10 minutes away. The breakfast is all you can eat, pancakes & sausage, 5 bucks donation, and lasts until 10:30, perfect timing for me. The money goes to a local childrens agency, the resturant donates the space. If you get into Chillicothe early and are hungry, Max & Erma's is the Bridge street exit, turn south, go to the first light, turn right toward wal-mart. I usually take him in the Deuce anyway, plenty of parking in the back of the building lot.

kipman

I am a construction estimator, bid two jobs at the VA hospital, did not get one, but saw all the veterans there, that is why I will be there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks