• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chronicle of a tan M1101 trailer purchase from GovLiquidation.com

xiongy

It takes a bit of force to engage the surge brakes, but I imagine towing nose down like that for very long isn't a good thing.

3dAngus

You definitely want to elevate it with the hitch adjustment, at least a 10". A 2" ball pintle works fine. Xiongy, I have 3 M1101s and found the movement varies as far as force goes. On two, it is smoothe and fine, on a third, it is kinda like yours, stiff and sometimes, I need to jerk it with the brakes to engage it. In any case, their not all the same.

Keep your trailers level fella's.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone else get a letter from Defense Logistics Agency? I don't remember getting one the last time. It's two pages of warnings and responsibilities that seem to be geared towards exporters.

Last edited:

mopar

Did anyone else get a letter from Defense Logistics Agency? I don't remember getting one the last time. It's two pages of warnings and responsibilities that seem to be geared towards exporters.
I did the day before my EUC cleared and my invoice was marked paid.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the email today:

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for participating in our recent Government Liquidation Sales Event.

Below please find a link to the copy of your Paid-In-Full Invoice.

mj1angier

Yeah, I have a buddy that runs a junk yard and is going to pull 3 for me. I already have a set of tires for the rims. Once that is done I will slide my S-250 shelter in it and work on making a boarding latter and battery boxes.

Has anyone ever cut into the sides of one of these? The S-250 will create some dead space that I would like to be able to make into storage areas.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a question on wheel options.

Has anyone run a set of wheel adapters to convert the eight-lug to something more standard? I would like to run the same wheels and tires I use on my jeep, so my spare would work for the trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

mj1angier

Last edited:

harleyhouse

Can't get more standard that an 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern 3/4 ton truck offering.
Ford is the odd ball going metric in 98? GM, Dodge, IH and old ford are the same.

You can get a adapter but it might shove the wheels out further.
Older military trailers are easy swap the axle for something that has the same bolt pattern.

I don't know about the 1101 torsion hubs.
If you have the money most adapter companies will build what you want.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get a adapter but it might shove the wheels out further.
That was my biggest concern. The M1101/2 trailers are pretty wide as it is. I'm only going to have 4" on each side to fit through the garage door opening, so wider will not be an option.

My Jeep has AEV Pintler wheels on it, four of them plus the spare, with 265/65-17 BFG AT TA with an E load rating. It's a very tough tire with a lot of sidewall. It's unlikely I'll ever even need the spare, but it would be nice if they interchanged with the trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks