• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

City Hall problems?

jwaller

Re: RE: City Hall problems?

maddawg308 said:
What about owner/operators who park their rigs at their homes at night? Guess the zoning Nazis are going to have a lot of pissed off truckers if they keep this crap up...
ya thats totally against county zoning laws here. they tried to get me on that with my XM818.

dc3coyote

Same thing here in Pasco/Pineallis Fl. The zoning lady actually had the balls to take her camera and hold it over my 6'5" tall fence and tell me I could not keep the pallets, the canvas, and bows for the duece there. The pallats were being burned while she was there, while she told me the duece could not be parked on my paved driveway. What kind of horse stuff is that.
I hated to tell here that I have 3 more on the way

Cdub

emr said:
My dream is to be Mike's neighbor someday! our junk can keep each other company,...Randy

I'll be glad to join you guys........!!!

My court date is tomorrow (3-26-08 ) for driving my five ton on my own street out of my drive way. They are trying to hit me with the " Truck Route " ord.

We'll see what happens.......??

Cheers,

C'dub

zak

The joy of neighbors, as they are the root of all evils. Last fall I had my dump at our "up north cabin" to put some sand on the beach(really swamp). I could only get sand during the week as it was off season and the gravel pit was only open during the week. My neighbor, who I hardly ever see, was there trying to do the same thing by pickup and trailer. He got worried that I was going to "turn him in." When I asked him" to who and how much sand he wanted" he paid for the sand for both of us. Its too bad that its human nature to get involved in what on the other side of the fence.

therbert

That's why I live in the country! The only problem I have is people hunting on my land. They don't give a crap about me or what I own.

Cdub, Good liuck in court.

Tom

Capt.Marion

I enjoy having a big back yard. If the apartment complex behind me or the fancy-pantsie 1/4 acre-per-lot sub division behind me want to complain, we'll see who can yell farther. It'll take a while for me to run out of ammo.... :grd:

Capt.Marion

bulldog_mack13 said:
i fight the Apartment Nazis daily in my war
Then may God help you, brave soul! Although I think its pretty cool that you are able to keep an M37 and M35A2 with such a small space for parts and stuff, and not have the wife kill you!

lenz1079

find out what legion hall the councilmen belong to and in the next parade drive all the old vets that cant march behind their color guard. all votes head to your side and the good old boy network strikes again. now lets go in the backroom and have a beer and a cigar.

NorthPatrol

When I was a Captain with a Municipal Police department I was order by the citry council to site a local Businessman under a nusiance ordance because he had a lot on the end of main street that was full of vehicles, debris and weeds the size of trees. I should mention that I've know this man for many years and knew the only real reason the city council was doing this was because he told them to "piss off" several times, including in a few city council meetings when he found out they were discussing him when he wasn't present.

Needless to say I checkied the ordance and inspected his property and he was indeed in violation. However, what I did notice is that there was a mandatory 30 day period for the land owner to get his property up to code. So I met him for coffee and said that I had 2 things for him. The first was a citation for the violation and the second was my help to get things up to snuff. I told him if enough of us worked hard there was no reason we could not meet the deadline. When he asked me why I was offering I told him that's what neighbors do and that I did not care for bullying, especially when I'm ordered to do it. I even got some of the street department guys to swing by with trucks and big mowers and we had it all cleared up in less then 3 weeks.

You can guess that those of us that helped were not really liked by the city council. Instead of threating people or trying to force them, why not walk up and talk to them first. It works and saves alot of hurt feeeling in the end.

colyork

What I have noticed about stuff like this ,the people on the councils who have the problem are people who have moved in from somewhere else to get away from place they were,just to bring that stuff with them.Or are the types who just people who just can't stand some one having something they enjoy.

dc3coyote

North Patrol, Great job we need more of those people in the city, doing work that way.
:beer:
My new neighbors moved in because I have several MVs in my drive way, they moved in from Al. and liked having a redneck near them,

FreightTrain

Banned
Yea,Rednecks are great.We scare people.Normally scare the trash away that are up to no good but sometimes scare the Democrates too and get them calling city hall on us...

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

Cdub said:
emr said:
My dream is to be Mike's neighbor someday! our junk can keep each other company,...Randy

I'll be glad to join you guys........!!!

My court date is tomorrow (3-26-08 ) for driving my five ton on my own street out of my drive way. They are trying to hit me with the " Truck Route " ord.

We'll see what happens.......??

Cheers,

C'dub

Well?, did they lock you up, or take all your money?, or both?

Cdub

FreightTrain said:
Yea,Rednecks are great.We scare people.Normally scare the trash away that are up to no good but sometimes scare the Democrates too and get them calling city hall on us...
Yea, aint that the truth............!!!

C'dub

n1bnc

What happened?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks