• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy wiper blades available from AutoZone!

With all the replies telling people to use the search function, believe me, search was the first thing I did. Most of the posts are from years ago, and like I posted, those stock numbers are no longer valid. I think there is something in the new members section that tells people to search for answers to their questions. I know just throwing out "just search for it" increases your post count, but some people do search before posting. Now, I'm going to do some research and find out if there is somewhere I can find current stock numbers for outdated stock numbers... when I do, I will post them for all to see. Have a good day.

Was recommended the Trico 51062 wiper arms last night by a guy at Advance Auto Parts. They have them listed in the computer in the store as out of production, and no mention of them on their website. Continuing to search through what seemed like hundreds of posts, I came across one that mentioned the 51062 as being equivalent to the NAPA 60-750 arms that a lot of used. The 51062 still seems to be available at some websites that cater to older cars (go figure).
While the majority of people seem satisfied with the SS wiper upgrades, some are not, and most have to modify them in some way or use all 3 different options to get them to work (though not with 100% success).

The search continues. More later.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the ANCO 25-11 wipers. They still sell them here in houston. I have them on my M35 and My M52. Really any brand you like will work as long as they are 11 inches long and come with adaptors. I have used other drands also. Just remove the original metal adaptor and side the one that comes with the blade on untill it clicks. Then install the blade. If your worried about them comming off. You can drill a small hole in the adaptor and secure them to the arm with a screw. This has worked well for me.

coyotegray

This worked for me too. I have a problem with the pressure on the glass. There is too much on the top and not enough on the bottom. I’ll have to play around with the bend in the arm... I’m using the Anco 11" winter blade. That may make a difference..

Andy..

Here's the latest on the search for wiper blades/arms.
A lot of people have used the NAPA 60-750 arms. NAPA no longer sells these.
The Trico 51062 blades are equivalent to the 60-750's. They are out of production.
The 51062 equates to an ANCO 41-01 arm, which is available, at the cost of $25.00 each. The ANCO blade 31-11 is in stock at a cost of $5.50 each. These prices are from Advantage Auto Parts.

So while it will cost me more than the saturn surplus upgrade kit ($61.00 vice $39.00 + shipping), I'm going with the local retailer, who is just down the street if I have any problems with them. They have to order them from another store, so I will pick them up after the holidays and have an update (w/ pics) next week.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went through the ^same^ effort with similar results. Tuesday after calling Napa and Carquest only to be told the parts were no longer available, I called Baxter Auto Parts in Portland. They cross referenced the numbers and had the

Anco 41-01 Wiper Arm
Anco 31-13 13" Wiper Blade

In stock. They come with a splined bushing with internal splined taper that fits the shaft on the Deuce wiper motor perfectly. They fit great, were easy to put on, and even came in 383 Green! :wink:

Will upload video of them working, if in fact they do actually work. :-D

On a related note, it turns out that the reason my wipers weren't working to begin with is that the tapered splined bushing on the stock was stripped so that the wiper just spun in the wiper arm.

Attachments

Picture looks good. Do the 13" blades hit the window frame? I've read a lot of posts where some modifications to the arm have to be made to use the 13" blades, but the 11" blades can be used with no mods required.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went through the ^same^ effort with similar results. Tuesday after calling Napa and Carquest only to be told the parts were no longer available, I called Baxter Auto Parts in Portland. They cross referenced the numbers and had the

Anco 41-01 Wiper Arm
Anco 31-13 13" Wiper Blade

In stock. They come with a splined bushing with internal splined taper that fits the shaft on the Deuce wiper motor perfectly. They fit great, were easy to put on, and even came in 383 Green! :wink:

Will upload video of them working, if in fact they do actually work. :-D

On a related note, it turns out that the reason my wipers weren't working to begin with is that the tapered splined bushing on the stock was stripped so that the wiper just spun in the wiper arm.
What holds the new ones on? The deuce has a nut on the front of the shaft.

The splined adapter (splined on both the inside and outside) is held on the motor shaft with a nut, and the wiper arms slide over the splined adapter, with a clip (I believe) sliding under the splined adapter to keep the arm from sliding off. I will post pictures next week.

ida34

The 800 series five tons have the same cab. The 900 series 5 ton has a different cab. I think the 900 series have different wipers (with a park function) but may have the same shaft.

scooter01922

Eagerly awaiting reports and more pics. Something i really need to do on the m35A1 as it came with no wiper arms and a snowplow with no wipers would suck. Dosen't run still but hey, gotta do something while waiting on parts :roll:

armadillofz1

I just added napas version of the 25-11 on my stock arm and am somewhat less than impressed. i think it boils down to the stock arm not putting enough pressure on the blade. so i'll be ordering the anco arm and 13" wiper. for some reason my napa doesn't carry anco. so i'll find another source.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks