• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy wiper conversion with OD paint

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
NAPA also told me the #'s were discontinued, O'Reilleys had no clue locally or on line, but Amazon.com still has them.
A great mod and very easy.
FYI, my local NAPA just told me the arm is disco'd, but the blade # is still good.

Marlboro

I purchased the Saturn Surplus kit. Ordered wedensday at my door thursday and installed them friday. I'm happy with the upgrade and now have the only deuce with wipers in my area :mrgreen:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wanted to thank General McGregor for posting up this thread, with part #'s, pictures, etc., along with the others who posted up similar threads:

PaulFarber: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/68022-m35a2-wiper-arms-blade-install.html

73X: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/46120-civy-wipers.html

hairba11: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/53811-hairba11s-edition-civy-wipers.html

I painted mine flat black as well.

I did this swap this past week to 2 of clintogf's trucks in preparation for the rally and it was a breeze.

I can't wait for it to rain do I can drive it and see how it does.

Attachments

hippiedude

Looks great .....But now you got to paint the truck to match the wipers .....:D........... If you want to test them come to Ct. .... We have had at least 12 in. of rain in the last month and a half ..........:shock: .............Tim

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I got mine from Sanel Auto Parts (Parts Plus). As far as I know they still stock them. Had mine in less than a day. [thumbzup]

Went camping in northern NH this weekend and it rained buckets the whole way there and back. The wipers did great, this mod really is a must for anyone who uses their Deuce regularly.

-GM

Last edited:

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found the wiper arms through O'Reilly's and the wiper blades through a vendor on Amazon.com. I think the total came to less than $35 for everything.

Having had the civy wipers on my truck for a while now the only problem I have found is the blades head for the middle of the windshield all the time. I might try tightening the springs alittle to put more pressure on the glass. Man do I like the wipers on my M931A2 better.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks