• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy Wipers

Kohburn

Hi Preacherboy,

are you using the air-motors?
I have had terrible luck with them.
They may work for you now...... when you "jump-start " them.
BUT will they work when you NEED them? Will they "ground" your truck when weather is at it's worst?
I snowplow in Maine and I can't afford to be held hostage to air -motor tempermental nature!!!!!! In my opinion - they are worthless! I absoloutly HATE them!
I am still looking for an electric option that will not break the bank!

suggestions anyone?? Please
something like this rigged with an arm to each side should do the trick

SINGLE-SPEED ELECTRIC WIPER MOTORS - JCWhitney

OldDominionIron2

I installed mined worked for a while then they flew off. For real the wiper flew off the arms litterally. Any had this problem?
Exact same thing happened to me. Found the wiper, but now am missing the #21 adapter and flat shim for the blade. Can't remember if the adapter/shim came with the arm or the blade, if anybody can help me....

Kohburn

same basic setup ODIron has - but od has it in 24volt

I tried using a single motor to run both wipers but it didn't have enough juice. works fine for a single wiper.

I bought a 12v-40v pulse width modulator to vary the speed of the motor without reducing its torque. can get them on ebay for 20$
I also rewired the motor to remove the cheap mechanical switch on the housing and replace it with a good wiper switch in a different location.

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
same basic setup ODIron has - but od has it in 24volt

I tried using a single motor to run both wipers but it didn't have enough juice. works fine for a single wiper.

I bought a 12v-40v pulse width modulator to vary the speed of the motor without reducing its torque. can get them on ebay for 20$
I also rewired the motor to remove the cheap mechanical switch on the housing and replace it with a good wiper switch in a different location.
I'm thinking about getting two 12 volt motors. One seller I talked to (there are many) can get me two kits shipped for about 95 dollars. I've seen 6 volt versions but not 24 volt. I'll be fine with the 12 volts and a toggle switch though.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OD Iron has the 6,12,or 24v for 39$ each
With the arms and blades? I'll have to check it out. Though I'm guessing from recent other posts that I can get the 12 volts from eBay a lot faster.

12 or 24 volts don't matter to me. I have 9 open spots on the 12 volt fusebox I'm installing this morning.

bguy193

Bought my wiper arms and wiper blades today from O'reilly Auto Parts for $30.50 I will install them when I get the time........... This was a good post.[thumbzup]

bguy193

Thats good to hear. Christmas Eve I took the truck out to play in our snow and ice storm. The stock deuce wipers aren't very good, and when you need them they are a lot worse.

dozerdude

Not sure what the problems are with buying this wiper upgrade. Go to O`Reilly`s. NAPA is usually my first choice but O`Reilly`s has stepped up even with filters for the duece. Nice to see where you are going.

OverSizeHeavyHauler

just called my local Napa, and they said the Anco PN doesnt bring up anything..
O'reillys said theyd have to order them. I asked how long would that take, she replied, "well, I cant order them, because Id have to have a minimum order of a hundred." I politely told her I didnt need em that bad to go an an order 100 of em.

Amazon still has both Anco 41-01 arms and Anco 31-13 blades still availible..
Amazon here I come!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks