• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy Wipers

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed mine last night. $36.00 from Amazon for everything. Painted them up tan and looks great. I accidently tossed the plastic wedge shim that goes under the arm when it goee into the blade adapter away. Me and the boy spent a 1/2 hour with the trash can dumped doing a grid search. Ended well though.

73X

Great I am glad to hear it went well. I have yet paint mine too cold and I am not taking them off right now. Please post some photos I would love to see them painted.

73X

hey fgood post man i will go to napa today!!! i hate ordering stuff online and hoping i ordered the correct part!
Thank you. Me as well I hate to order off the internet. If something is wrong you as screwed. Let us know how it goes and please post pics when you are done.
Here are a few pics of mine unpainted as of yet.
Ron

Attachments

helmethair78

This is the first upgrade I have done to my new deuce. I ordered the parts from Amazon. Everything went on perfect and they are 100 times bettter than stock. Thanks for the great tip.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
how do the air motors work with the bigger wipers? and i defiantly have to get them...i'll look through the thread for napa part numbers
Air motors work just fine.
While I was installing the wipers I finally got around to installing the washer kit I picked up from TedG (thanks Ted, works great!) and replaced my aged wiper motor air lines as well.

Also, for what it's worth, I picked the arms and blades up at O'Rielly's.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i used ten inch wipers they work great i used the stock arms just by drilling a small hole for a screw to fasten them to the arms.

I thought about that also after I pulled the arms off (like that term!) and noticed they could be easily modified. But I figured I'd use the new ones since I bought and painted them.
Nice lights on the cab, are they halogen, 12 or 24V?

gunit

got mine tonight, oriellys was the only one in the indy area that carried them, ended up getting the 20-12 wipers no modifiying just pull the latch and they are on. hope to do them tommorrow.