• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clare, MI Show / Swap buy , sell, wanted , 8-17-14 Generals Jims Annual Show & Swap

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clare, MI Show / Swap buy , sell, wanted , 8-17-14 Generals Jims Annual Show & Swap

17th Annual Show & Swap meet
Where?
General Jim's Surplus: Clare, MI
General Jim's is located next to Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare, Michigan, 1 mile north of the north Clare Old 27 Exit.
When?
8-15 to 8-17

I'll be looking for misc CUCV stuff for my recent M1009 acquisition.
Dash Pad & Door Panels
Tailgate handle
pintle assembly (I have one that was nicely modified into a 2" receiver, to trade),
antenna mounts, bumper rings, etc

Looking for 4 deuce wheels for rollers
also looking for some 16" rims with the Rockwell lug pattern

M101A2 rear support leg (have 2 M105 legs to sell / trade)

Can bring M880 parts if anyone is looking, let me know ahead of time as I won't be bringing much to set out.

Will add more as I think of it.

M1009 Front Drive shaft, my spline is loose.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hoping to be there Friday and or Saturday. Will have padlock sets and axle nut sockets.

MatthewH

Going to try and make it down Saturday if I can get away for a few hours.
Looking for M37 parts, or whatever else I find I feel I have to have

paradeduty

Hi Guys.

Have not been to the Clare Show/Swap yet although I have thought about it many times.

Is there anybody going that has any LVS Items? I just got my Wrecker rear end bolted up to the Front Power Unit and am now in the market for all of the "stuff" that fills the boxes!

The list, as you can imagine, is endless when it comes to wrecker "toys", but if anyone has anything that they might think applicable, I can check and see if it will work on the big girl.

I have seen the "tow bar" that is used with the LVS around. Basically, it is the heavy square extendable one that has the third member across between the "feet" ends. Someone on SS was asking what it was for some time ago - and now I know.

There is also a pulley type deal with a heavy cable with rings that is used with the A-frame for towing.

Again, the list is endless including all kinds of hydraulic tools, safety chains, you name it.

Let me know if you have anything and it might help to entice me to make the trip.

Dave

CaptMax

I think General Jim's Surplus has a couple Ferrets
Bob, They used to have two Ferrets, I purchased the MKII with the turret and the owner decided to keep the MKI.
I only need a few items as it was mostly complete, I just need a gunners sight and some accessories.
CaptMaxdownload14.jpg

natem

I'm looking for a good generator for my M38.

I'll have an assortment of MEP002 parts, and some 6ft. cargo straps. Still sorting other stuff.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have brake parts from a M135, very good used, complete from a front & rear axle (4 sets)
also I spoke with a lady from the Owosso area that will be there in her search for a jeep.

maxim

Weather permitting, I will bring 9 - 9.00 X 20 NDT tires, 7 - on the rim, 2 - tires only, most have good tread you be the judge. For M35: muffler that will replace the straight exhaust for those really long rides, 2 - used passenger seat tops, 2 - used pioneer tool racks, few odd and ends filters and seals, a road emergency axle repair kit with 2 good used bearings for that midnight axle failure, an antenna bracket that fits over the box stake and will hold a 'sugar scoop' antenna. M1009 common rusted fender flare repair pieces R/L. Looking for M38A1 spare tire bracket, M37 mirrors, those special lock ring screws and flanges for the dash gauges, stuff I can't remember right now....MVC-882F.JPGMVC-883F.JPGMVC-884F.JPGMVC-880F.JPGFound some CJ2A front fenders, hood,windshield, grill all rough but if your lookin..... M37 gas tank that looks nice outside but rusted inside needs to be sealed/re-line. massive crank screw type jack and handle for a heavier type trailer,

Last edited:

67Beast

Well after not making it to the Clare show for the last couple of years, It looks like I'll be able to slip away and make it over on Saturday. I'm not going to be bringing any vehicles for display, but will be on the look out for any parts that grab my eye. My buddy Jim who just picked up his first military vehicle will be with me and searching for M37 parts. I know a couple of the items he is looking for are a set of soft top bows and supports, front shackle mounts, troop seat hardware, and other odds and ends. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Arrgh... Still need some drive shaft flanges / drive shafts. NP200 transfer case from M-37- need all three ends, hooking to M135/M211 axles so I need front & rear.
Several nearby leads have fizzled, needed a couple weeks ago.
The shafts can be junk, we need the ends, have welder and drive shaft tubes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks