• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Class IV Hitch...Done.

steelandcanvas

Nicely drawn schematic, good job all around! Can you draw another schematic showing Bjorn's suggestion? I know of a few people that have done this modification, seems like agood idea!

bottleworks

steelandcanvas said:
Can you draw another schematic showing Bjorn's suggestion?
He has made many great suggestions, so your going to have to be more specific... :)

If you mean taking the load off the flasher unit, that's no big deal. The flasher just has to control the relay. I used two relay in parallel. Be sure to diode suppress the coil. Bosch 24V relays can come with the diode internal.

tjcouch

Just speaking outloud here . . . and making a suggestion to someone with wiring skills and more time than I have . . . . . but if someone made a converter box that would plug into the MV military round plug on the back of my truck (12 pins ?) that would output to the standard round 7 trailer plug and 4 flat plug, I would gladly pay $50 for such a magic box . . . .

muddog7375

tjcouch said:
Just speaking outloud here . . . and making a suggestion to someone with wiring skills and more time than I have . . . . . but if someone made a converter box that would plug into the MV military round plug on the back of my truck (12 pins ?) that would output to the standard round 7 trailer plug and 4 flat plug, I would gladly pay $50 for such a magic box . . . .
Heck we could probably make these at my shop...Only bad thing is I dont have MV yet...Now if someone would want to loan me one for a bit I my be able to do this...

randini

I also wish someone would fabricate this. I would be worth more than that for me.. Any takers?

Randy

motomacguyver

Make that times 3. I think someone could sell a BUNCH of these.

bottleworks

but if someone made a converter box that would plug into the MV military round plug on the back of my truck (12 pins ?) that would output to the standard round 7 trailer plug and 4 flat plug, I would gladly pay $50 for such a magic box . . . .
Yea, that could be done.
If someone seriously wants one, email me. I haven't been on this site much for the past couple years. Pretty much sense I started this thread.

darylhackett

Bottleworks I hope you guys are doing well in NC after the weather passed. I am very much looking for a conversion 12->4/7 or 12 -> 7 way for my camper and it trailer brakes system. Any build ideas would be greatly appericated. cucv m1009 86'

H

Hank.

Looking for a converter box for my trailer as well! Couldn't find your email address, bottleworks.

HanksDeuce

Sorry, I changed usernames (used to be Hank.).

No one posted here about the converter box so I chose a different path. I am in the processing of bobbing my M35A2 so I will be using the wiring harness off my M105A2 trailer for a set of detachable lights with magnet bases. This will allow me to haul civilian trailers and not worry about converting the harness. You can pick up a M105 trailer for $150 + fees. That gets me the bobber bed, secondary air system for my split brake system, wiring harness for detachable light project and a few dollars in my pocket for scrap.

hilber

Sorry, I changed usernames (used to be Hank.).

No one posted here about the converter box so I chose a different path. I am in the processing of bobbing my M35A2 so I will be using the wiring harness off my M105A2 trailer for a set of detachable lights with magnet bases. This will allow me to haul civilian trailers and not worry about converting the harness. You can pick up a M105 trailer for $150 + fees. That gets me the bobber bed, secondary air system for my split brake system, wiring harness for detachable light project and a few dollars in my pocket for scrap.
Good idea. Thats what I had been thinking about.