• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

classifieds clean up

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I for one asked for some cleanup and protection of those paying for the service. I really do appreciate you getting more involved, and I admit, I for one am as guilty as any about being both complimentary and complementary.
I will discipline myself and refrain from further comment on the classifieds. Good to have the help M16ty.
Oh, I'm guilty too. Going forward I'm going to try and do better though.

As I said in the original post, there are no official rule changes at this time. This whole thread is just to get people to think about it before they post in the classifieds. Some of the things I listed may become official rules in the future but that's above my pay grade.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Patracy said it better than I did.

I do think people should use the feedback more. I didn't contradict myself, I think people should use the feedback more but I can't force them to. A lot of people will comment in the thread about how good of deal they got in the thread but they never will use the feedback.
Agreed, you can't make them use the feedback, but I don't think that means they shouldn't be able to leave a helpful comment about a purchase they made.

glassk

I am very guilty of chatter in my ads
well the old me anyway I will do better from now on for sure

THIS is a great tool for selling or finding items and with the new mods I'm sure it can become very streamlined and easier To scan for matches to my pile of stuff

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

g2065g

Use a similar system that AR15.com uses. For classifieds add a bump(xxhours, ie 72, 96 etc), sold, and closed buttons. I don't know if that is part of the forum code that they use(written by them) or if it is possible for this forum to incorporate it but all posting in classifieds there do not bump adds, only the bump button which is active every 3 days bumps the adds. I believe for vendors the bump is less, 24hrs maybe.

Not saying it has to be what that website uses just something like that would take care of the unwanted bumping.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We've had a bunch of people breaking the 7 day bump rule lately. If you add a post to the thread such as "thanks for the purchase", "PM sent", etc, it is considered a bump. Direct response to a question posted is ok.

We've been mostly just deleting the bumps but we're going to start handing out infractions.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We may post suggestions from time to time but I have no plans for a monthly news thread. I don't know if the other classified mods want to do one or not.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just to bump this up. We (myself included) removed a lot of comments yesterday and today that are not needed in the ads as well as people questioning prices. We've simply been deleting them as of now. But I hope this trend will cease.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks