• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaning CDRs

HikerMan

Crankcase Depression Regulator Valve

I cleaned mine out last time, and all the hoses next to it

Used gasoline instead of diesel, I rear diesel on here but I guess my mind just slipped.... I let it air our and evaporate for a long time after realizing my mistake and it ran just fine when I finally cranked it....

But yeah use diesel to clean it, pull it off, pour diesel in, wash it around, keep pouring it down hoses again and again...worked fine for me

Mine was filthy and got it really clean, but I can't say I noticed any differences in function

Good luck!

jdemaris

I was just asking what the CDR does in engine function why clean it can it be removed?
It helps maintain a slight vacuum inside the engine and prevents oil leaks. Often the first sign of a CDR not working is a leaking rear-main seal.

Some you can clean and get working fine and some you can NOT. There is a rubber diaphram inside - just as vacuum pump and fuel pumps have. If the rubber cracks, the CDR won't work not matter how well you clean it.

I've pried a few apart and made new diaphrams - but it's easier just to find one with a good diphram and clean.

allenhillview

OK Thanks to all who have added to this for me i think we can never have enough information on the j-code diesel or cucv's so thanks.
Now where can i buy one (CDR) so far nothing. Mine seems ok but have not done any test described, finished oil pan gasket a few months ago its fine but elected not to replace rear main seal,, I know what you my think but we all have our faults,(why did i have a engine that far down and not replace rear seal) so now,,,!!! no leak but moist out of inspection hole @ flywheel so i saw this on SS decided I would ask if there is a place to buy ? No pressurized oil at this point.

top_prop

I got 4 'HMMVW' CDR valves from ebay for $44... shipped. THey have the same part number on them as the one that came on my 1009 from GL...

cpf240

I got 4 'HMMVW' CDR valves from ebay for $44... shipped. THey have the same part number on them as the one that came on my 1009 from GL...
Was it over Thanksgiving? I had bid on them, then slept in the next morning and missed the close of the auction. My wife said I should have just done the "buy it now" like she told me to. aua

So much for trying to save a few bucks! That was quite a deal considering what the other CDR auctions are going for!

Miah

Ordered 1 last week as well. The can I got now looks very new, but who knows how long it's sat or if the rubber is good inside.

Easiest to replace it now & then tear the old one apart for inspection.