• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clepto's Bobber

Cleptomaniac

Oddshott my buddy and i spent 3 diff days but prolly 30-35 total man hrs. But i think it would b wise to have some help or someone that is close. Their are lots of heavy parts and if y get stuck under something....:drool: Just not good.

Yea i have shot a Uzi also :grin: very fun!!!

Cleptomaniac

Well I spent the day working on the aDeuce and got some more done ;-) Worked on drilling some holes for the bumperettes that i never finished and went to Napa to get oil filters. Pulled back in to the shop and the brake pedal went to the ground aua One of the brake lines came loose and drained a ton of fluid :( so i decided that the little brackets were a good idea to put back on :cookoo:
so now the brakes are good and the bumperettes are on corectly!! The oil was horable!!!
And i put some Lucas in and WOW it is so much quieter8)

m880 unimog

You are a lucky bastard if only one guy talks to you. I only have one neighbor and my wife asked if we can buy their house when they move so we won't have any. Living in the country is great.
that right there is the finest wifey quote i heard in a long time.[thumbzup]

the bobber looks great,im at least a year off starting on mine.

Cleptomaniac

Well had a little problem yesterday. My brake lights weren't working!! So after some time on here and some time witha wireing diagram I figured out the air presure brake swith thingy was out. :mad: So some more time on here and I ran across a old post where a guy got a old 80s break switch and made a bracket, wired it in and wala :) brakes!!!! So being the redneck I am and the looming blizzard tonight and the thought of not playing in the snow..... Well getting a ticket for no break lights :twisted: I went to auto zone and started work. It was realy easy!! Just made a c shaped bracket put the switch on it and bolted it to the truck. I think it is better than the oe. Will post some pics later.

Cleptomaniac

Thanks M880 unimog She is still a work in progress and it helps me stay out of trouble!! As hard as I run it i think their will b alot of maintnance!!

Cleptomaniac

Also was thinking about a remote brake fluid res. and am working on puting the brake res. off the M105 trailer on the fire wall under the hood. I know you cant see threw but it will look like it belongs on the truck. :???: Spent some time trying to find out what gasket to use. Could not find much localy so i called Permatex and they said all their prodects are good for Brake fluid.

Attachments

Cleptomaniac

Ok FYI I suck at sewing :mad: My seam riped out on the front of the soft top and couldnt find a shop that wanted to mess with it so.......... I got some glus that is suposed to work for this kind of thing and am trying to sew it back togeather. I can gurantee it wont b to purdy but i think it will hold up ok.

Cleptomaniac

Well yesterday i got to meet Miker and Plumkrazy. [thumbzup] Mike has some great mods on his trucks and also got to see (lucie) Plums new M35 with gun ring :drool: soooo jealous!!!!! Any way had a blast getting to hang out with some more "krazy" people:p Here are some pics of Lucie (i may not b spelling it correct) When we took the ammo boxes buy my boys were ready to put a gun on and take off shooting and driving :not worthy:

Attachments

Cleptomaniac

Finaly got my top repaired (not too pretty) but think it will hold!! Have a shoot to go to tomorrow. And am going to have about 1hr 15min each way so going to check fuel mileage and see how she handles on the road :neutral: We will see...

dwjmoto

Very nice I'll post some pics of the full auto shoot when I get them uploaded:D I'm lookin for a ring for my deuce if anyone has one floating around.

Firemedic230 the rims are factory (trying to decide what to put on 10 lug adapters or mod hemmitt) but the tires are 395s and I got them from a guy in Norman. I can pm you his info if you like. Bobbing one is not bad am thinking the next time I'll cut down the bed and use front deuce springs. Not 105 parts. I realy like the looks of the cut down bed but this is my first MV so I am still learning. If you have any questions let me know I'll try to help any way I can.
Also Mike has a nice sight XM381.com and he is here in Edmond.
good lookin build ya did, hey would ya PM me the guys info you got the tires from is he a member on here?

Cleptomaniac

I got my heater and have been working on it had to help a friend with his fuel pump today (Volvo) :doh: would rather work on the Deuce. Any way I'll finish it up tomorrow. Will post some pics after I get it finished.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks