• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clicking in fuel tank

fpchief

Will do. I have the spin on filter that goes against the block. Gotta get get the other one still. Going to give it a large dose of additive. It has about a half tank.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Napa has the canister filter. Comes off with a bolt on top. You will have to open the bolt head on the top back of the ip and prime the fuel once you change the filters. It takes a good amount of priming.

Shotgun

Surpman, do you have the diagram where the bolt head is for ip? I need to change mine too since I got "Serenity" home. Was going to this after I drain the fuel tank, got crude in and it occludes the pick up tube once in awhile and kills the engine. Not fun dealing with that on the interstate in Phoenix. Still getting up to speed on my new truck. Thanks Shotgun

mcmullag

to bleed, 10mm wrench on nut thingy on side of IP between IP and engine block. The clicking is normal fuel return, you can feel the line going back to the tank pulse as it clicks. ATF is a great cleaner of gummy stuff in fuel system.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Yup if you stand on the drivers front tire and look over the ip it will be backside toward the front. Only go 2 turns it can fall out and then you will have a bad day.
Will