• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

closeup pics of M101A3 trailer

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw a neat M101A3 trailer at the Aberdeen show, with the HMMWV rims installed, wide fenders, etc. I forgot to take a couple pics of it. Anyone own a M101A3 that can take some closeup pics of it for me?

Chief_919

I just picked up an M101A2.5:p- it is a 101A2 with A3 axle and landing leg, but A2 box and wheels/tires.

Looks kinda badass with the tires hanging out. I may see what a set of dually rims looks like on it....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, if you do a little searching in the trailer forum, I know there are some pics of my trailers that I got from Jax. I know one search term would be -a3

Nonotagain

Saw a neat M101A3 trailer at the Aberdeen show, with the HMMWV rims installed, wide fenders, etc. I forgot to take a couple pics of it. Anyone own a M101A3 that can take some closeup pics of it for me?
Mike, If it was the A3 with tarp parked a couple of spaces up from you at Aberdeen, that would have been mine.

What pics do you need or want?

Here to please.

3dAngus

I've got a camo one on the classifieds. I have more pics I can send of the tires or bed or anything you need. It's right outside. If you can be more specific, I'll get you want you want or need. These are fantastic trailers and pull real nice. I love em.
Here is a couple of pics for ya, but can get you more.

Attachments

Nonotagain

Angus, nice trailer.

Did you do the swap of the wheels from the 12 bolt to the 8 bolt versions or did the trailer come that way?

I'm under the impression that the 8 bolt wheels should not be used with radial tires??

3dAngus

Angus, nice trailer.

Did you do the swap of the wheels from the 12 bolt to the 8 bolt versions or did the trailer come that way?

I'm under the impression that the 8 bolt wheels should not be used with radial tires??
It came stock that way from the military.

3dAngus

The nice thing about the A3 is a S250 shelter will fit right in with no modifications. Or a 4x8 sheet of plywood.
Yes, and side mounted over the fender wall toolboxes which are fantastic.
I got two nice ones of them coming in after the EUC clears. The toolboxes are OD while the M105 they came loaded on is desert tan. Happy as a lark here to be getting them.

number9

Yes, and side mounted over the fender wall toolboxes which are fantastic.
I got two nice ones of them coming in after the EUC clears. The toolboxes are OD while the M105 they came loaded on is desert tan. Happy as a lark here to be getting them.
Can you provide a pic of these toolboxes you are talking about?

3dAngus

OH, I screwed up (whaaaaaa...... again?)

The inner wheelwell is NOT as wide as I thought. But... I still have some dang neat toolboxes coming. I'll find a pic...

These boxes are currently on a M105.

I may put them on my M116A3 where I have access to the full wheel well.

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

... sooooo... I have entirely to many projects going on at once now. Here is what I was thinking, without looking or measuring. My M116A3 fenders are exposed and the broader width is plentiful for the carpenters toolboxes. I am sending two pictures for the flatbed chassis of the M116A3. I hope to mount the toolboxes, inverted to open to the outside rather than like on the M105, because I plan on putting my MEP-003 Generator on this trailer next week sometime, time available. The toolboxes should make a nice addition, if I don't sell them outright. I'm darn near broke.

The next set of pics is the M101A3 with the sides. The sides cut the fender wells in half. I might have a difficult time getting these tool boxes on it, due to length and width concerns. The M1-5 is longer than the M101 so I might not be able to squeeze them inside the tailgate. Ohhhhh the HORROR!!!!

If necessary, I'll consider buying a whole new camo or OD M105. This M105 isn't going to be around long. To ugly to have in the yard. I'll probably scrap it, after saving some parts for my next and better one.

Attachments

Metternacht

The chains really need to be extended and connected to the truck. They would not be of much use if the hitch broke away.

I use a couple of large chain links, the type that screw open and closed on my hitch chain loops and the chains just reach and hook onto those. works great and allows me to chain the trailer for safety. I can post pic when I get home, I have to hook up to haul a load to the dump tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks