• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Code name: Hulk

tuff-truck-guy

man i like your idea sounds cool and best of all its your truck so u can do what ever you like w it lol oh n i was actually thinking about 1 of those sneaky ass marine camo jobs 2 ive seen a few of them hidden / camo images on some vehicles

dangeroustyz

Well. Another snag in the road. Seems that my driver side front bearings are shot. Brakes went out wheel wobbles. Looks like i got to replace them and repack the other side as well (thanks Ron). But not to fear looks like atleast 3 brothers may have parts i need (thanks Barry) Hopefully I can break it down this weekend and inspect everything. Man im just glad i was close to home when this happened. Hopefully ill have it back on the road before i miss out on too many events. Got to atleast show brother Ron support in August.. Updates soon...

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GHall. Really dont need nothing major. Just regular maintaince.
That is a dangerous statement, (no pun intended :)). Just when you think you have gotten everything fixed or figured out... BAM you get kicked in the teeth and something breaks.

Hulk should be busting out of the doors

dangeroustyz

Looks like my front end is shot. I will not be able to attend any future events untill i get this fixed. I do have acouple of leads on parts and a few members helping me out. Thank you everybody for your support and hopefully i will see you in october..pics 212.jpgpics 211.jpgpics 210.jpg002.jpg003.jpg001.jpg004.jpg

Last edited:

dangeroustyz

Good news is I got alot of fellow members that are very helpful. Thanks Plewhiskey, Seth and Patruck. Now i just got to get everything together for this beast and let it ROLL......................

dangeroustyz

The front bearings was dry and the wheel nut possibly backed off. I havent had truck long so I havent went thru it. I will now. If wheel came off down the road it would of been a dangerous situation. So... outer bearing is ground down to nothing and spindle is scored alittle/ My plan now is get new inner and outer bearings, smooth the spindle and pack it full of grease. I think that will take care of that side. Once mobile i will take it to a friends where we will lube all the other wheels and bearings. Heres pics of damage done...HPIM0981.jpgHPIM0982.jpgHPIM0983.jpgHPIM0984.jpgHPIM0986.jpg

dangeroustyz

The day it broke i drove truck to store and it wobbled and had an intermentin noise. Then the brakes went out. I turned around and when i pulled in the yard smoke poured out of the wheel. The front tires were cupped when i got it so i figured the wobble come from that. It gave me small hints of something being wrong, I just wasnt listening.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
TM9-2320-209-34-2-1.pdf

dangeroustyz

Thanks alot Clinto. Hopefully i can see all the parts i gota order to get this thing back on the road. Hey next time youre in Braselton, Please hit me up. Maybe you can swing by and take a look?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks