• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus GA 2015 Veterans Parade

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Got the vehicles checked out (mostly) Saturday...just need some minor tinkering on a couple of them.

I'm really looking forward to "serving" with all you good folks again!:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well poop...73M819 (Ron) had something important come up so he can't make it Saturday. That sucks because I know how much he enjoys/deserves it.:(

I understand completely and Ron will be carried as "Authorized Absence" on the Battle Roster.

So...I have a couple of backup drivers for the M51A2 "Tipper" (Dump truck) locally but if anyone wants to step up it's available as these guys prefer to ride in Proud American.

I have changed the Battle Roster on the first post to show the M51A2 as "OPEN".

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Everyone needs to assemble at the hooch (318 10th Avenue Columbus, Georgia 31901) not later than 08:00hrs Saturday 14 November to get final prep done on their assigned vehicles.

You may want to bring/wear a light jacket as it is usually a little chilly in the mornings.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dammitman!! I had typed up a REALLY interesting post about the days trials and tribulations trying to get ready for the Veterans Parade with Very little help due to real world missions and while I was trying to post some pics...I got bounced!!:burn:

So...this time I'm just gonna post some pics and I'll try to post some of the Parade tomorrow night or sometime Sunday:

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PB, I'm deeply sorry I didn't get to make it. I was on the road when phil sent me a message asking if the site was down. Sure enough, it was. But as you can see it's back up. I hope I didn't mess things up too much. :(

zout

Unless you have been down for this Parade - its hard to put into typed words.

ALL the volunteers were more than on time to assist CAMO for making sure roll out time was kept. CAMO also had the units pre-lined up and fueled up. Adam and John I know were there a day ahead of time to assist as well.
Once we rolled out to the staging area at the parade some of the set up did not make any sence - but it did when the parade got started and all went well.

Hats off to Phoenix City and the City of Columbus Ga - top notch parade.
Each year we have been able to participate it has moved perfectly - and a big Salute to the Motor Bike Officers of Columbus who really do put themselves in harms way rolling through that crazy traffic with sirens or not cause folks in 4 wheelers are mostly idiots and pay not attention - these LEO make sure they pay attention. Very professional officers and they know how to handle those bikes. I have worked at two HD dealerships in the service dept - so I saw many of them first hand from other departments and these fellas represent in an outstanding manner. Thanks for their participation as well.

Chow was awesome and many thanks to Larry and CAMO crew.
Here are a few select pictures I chose from all the ones Deb and I took.20151114_115042_HDR.jpg20151114_080405_HDR.jpg20151114_080425_HDR.jpg20151114_080446_HDR.jpg20151114_080834_HDR.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
First I want to thank all the folks that helped make this Veterans Parade one of the best. Zout 1&2, Adam, John, Scott, and Russ all traveled great distances to make the Parade a success.:beer:

I don't want this to sound mean but next year we are gonna have to position a member with sight in the Deuce with the Blinded Veterans! They were just waving away when there weren't any people.:shock:

It was truly a blessed day with good friends and Great Americans both in the Parade and those watching on the sidelines.

Here's a few pics I took:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks