• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Combat Jump Bed Mount Farm Jack Bracket

llong66

Hello all, hate to drag up such an old thread, but I really like the idea, other that a chain, any thoughts of keeping my jack from walking off?

MarcusOReallyus

Cable lock. Quieter than a chain. I have mine mounted in plain sight on the outside of my M101A2, and it has never wandered.

Of course, the trailer doesn't spend a lot of time unattended, either. Usually if I have the trailer I'm going from point A to point B pretty directly. The only exception would be a trip to Lowes or a similar store where I'm getting a large load of something. Then it will sit outside while I'm in shopping. Still, no problems so far.

In the bed as shown it's fairly out of sight, so that would help.

combat jump

llong66, What I have done is to drill the end of the bolts to accommodate small padlocks. It looks pretty trick. Use the combination locks so you don't have to worry about losing a key.

llong66

Thanks Guys! I also got to thinking after I posted that if you made your bolts lug bolt size, you coud use one of those setups ppl use for Jeeps, etc that have a spair mounted outside. I havent looked at them clse, but seem like they would work.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my civvy truck I chose jack mounting studs that were the same diameter and pitch as the axle lug nuts. The idea is to have matching hardware for using your lug wrench to mount/dismount the jack AND you can also secure the jack and tires with a set locking lug nuts.

Rick

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where that's mounted, paint jack to match truck and it would be very hard to see unless someone's looking for something to steal.

Really nice job!

Last edited: