• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan Leschert

As if we had any doubt the the Crown Royal Quality Assurance team would not finish this job!

Some of us are too far to drive to the rally, so when you get the time, fill us in with the "Inside " joke.

I, for one have wasted way to much time,
salivating and waiting for that beast to make some smoke!

zout

I pm'd Ron first as I hosed him the other day - BUT

PB just called from the compound on the secret project finishing to bring to the rally - it was AWESOME - pic's - NO - ------ any more info - no

you will have to see it at the rally and the rest catch the pictures posted of it.

Did I mention it was an awesome phone call:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Still waiting on another CAMO member to send me a short vid of the M43 running...noisey rascal without an exhaust.
Got tired of cranking with the starter so we drug it about 50 feet with the forklift and she came alive. Carb is flooding so it needs some more tinkering.

Forgot Zout didn't fix the brakes:shock::shock::shock:

Anyone have a good deal on...front bumper, grill, radiator/support, two front fenders, hood, engine fan...the other small stuff we have.:oops::oops::oops:

Attachments

zout

I got some more Tiger Hair bondo left - we can make the front end whatever you want it to look like - even customized by crunch.:beer:

zout

PB - he is a -----ahhhhhhh lot more aged appearing. I hate my pic taken.

He threw down his cane so Deb would not get it in the picture

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well I don't know how to post vids but I took a few pics to show the ole girl moving around on her own power, sounded perty good when we hooked up the exhaust!!
You can see the blue smoke where she is trying to burn out the pre-lube and the oil we dumped down the cylinders to help the rings set.:)

Our biggest problem is time to play...work ALWAYS gets in the way!:cry::cry:

Anyway...she's running/driving...that was our mission.

Zout I'll let Troy explain why she won't stop!!! LOL LOL LOL:shock:
I think that can be resolved at the rally.

Zout heard the engine purring so I'm happy...or did he hear the forklift running...only CAMO knows for sure:beer:

Attachments

zout

:driver:

Camo crew did an outstanding piece of craftsmanship on getting the ole girl running - PLUS moving a piece I am sure they would have wanted to bring to the rally - but instead brought the M43B1 out to the site to show her off.

I did get to drive it around the fields several times and I had a BIG cheshire cat chit eating grin on my face from start up to shut down rolling around. It was awesome. I had not finished the brakes before it was picked up a couple months ago - so I had no brakes rolling around over there - but we kept it in low range and less than walking speed to be on the safe side.

You can check it out on the Ga Rally multimedia thread going as I am not going to post any here - just this BIG THANK YOU to CAMO - they know what this meant to me.

I do have to get it registered with plates as the next time you see her rolling will be November 12th down in Columbus as we plan to roll her back out in display and convoy in the Veterans Parade.

Thanks to Drew I have an official Red Cross silk flag as well for the ambulance.

I know a wool blanket in the back of the ambulance kept this critter from freezing his arse off cooking the pig Thur night (high in the 30's) cause I yanked one out and honkered down in it. One life saved already.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
WOW!! That is about the best looking M43 I have ever seen. All involved did a very good job on that old gal. I drove them for years and as I said that is the KING. Keeping the wheel side down can be an interesting program with the top heavy M43s. Especially if you have large troops in the top litter hangers. Oh well I guess that means PB cannot ride up there.

Again"""Good looking truck"'''

The devil made me do it PB. aua

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good Shape!!!

WOW!! That is about the best looking M43 I have ever seen. All involved did a very good job on that old gal. I drove them for years and as I said that is the KING. Keeping the wheel side down can be an interesting program with the top heavy M43s. Especially if you have large troops in the top litter hangers. Oh well I guess that means PB cannot ride up there.
Again"""Good looking truck"'''
The devil made me do it PB. aua
Sir!
I just want you to know that I am in very good shape!!!

Ask anyone...round is a shape!!!:shock::shock:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Whoo Hooo!!!

Starting on it's own, running, driving, grill etc installed all done but the brakes.
Needs new rubber brake lines...all clogged up.

With about 2hrs work on the brakes she is ready for the Veterans Day Parade along with the other 10 CAMO MVs![thumbzup][thumbzup]

Last pic is the shop supervisor. After he gave final approval we had hamburgers and hotdogs!:driver::grin:

Attachments

zout

Dave is absolutely speechless

I am sitting here almost in tears from astoundment of my fellow man.

Troy called me and advised of the needed brake like and they will be ordered and sent directly to CAMO NDA. This is something I really needed to finish and therefore - read the the second second sentence.

I have a salute to my brothers at this moment as I sit here typing without trying to let anyone see me in my condition - you will understand.

I look forward in PROUD CAMO representation to show off the 43 in honor of all our veterans and now serving personnel,

I thank you ALL from the botton of my heart.

Salute SIR.

rikinwyoming

The ole gal looks awesome,,, I have a guy here in town trying to sell a unmolested m715 that I am trying to get ahold of for my first mv!! Your thread is inspiring that perseverance pays off!

zout

Thank you - NEVER let your goal only be where the pole is set at - always look above the pole and always set the standard higher. Its the only way to function in my eye.

I look forward to seeing you start on your project in whatever way you can - even in baby steps - BUT - you are started to a project that will have an ending. :grd::grd::grd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks