• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger Ranger

Papabear, I think the question is: How fast can you run?!?!? Assuming you don't leave a man behind, a group is only as fast as the slowest man....If you do leave someone behind for Mrs. Zout, then your only goal is to be faster than the last man....

Zout- the filling looks good, I love it. Job well done, keep us posted (literally)
roflrofl :lol:

zout

DR- its a PIA and I will not bring up the previous CD mangled hack work (oops did I say that)

PB - I am waiting for her engine - I could get other things and rob from the engine fund - BUT - I am more controlled than that. Just waiting for the engine.
Then the big dip for a complete wire harness begins. I have nothing but time to work on my FAVORITE OD toy :jumpin: as I have all the stuff already to play with it.

Need a heads up on next month chin dig so I can get it on the to do list.

The window working on will at least take a couple more nights to get right before I work on the one next to it. I have a tough crowd to answer to.

zout

Tigger - I was bored while waiting for the air compressor to catch up to me - so the pic is rotated - its the piston rod spinning like a mad man.

I will use a straight line sander for the final sanding - but for now just getting it ready. Those that are true professional body workers here are probably gagging on this - just working with what I have available.

zout

Don't tell PB = but I was welding and getting the side panels in and sparks ignited the seat pads and the interior of the rear of the ambulance was in flames before I could even detect any problem - once it had a good start on me the most effective thing I could do was run away like a little scaredy cat - sissy butt - ever wonder how much would be left after an M43 burned to the ground ??

Danger Ranger

That's not funny Zout!!! Don't be pullin our chains!

That is terrible though. You might need a couple more cots now...and more. Note to self: Add fire extinquisher to M43 check list.

And yeah, I do kinda wonder, so will ya mind showin pics...?

zout

Ha HA =after self a** kicking for posting this - here are some pics of todays finish body body work pics of the drivers side rear ambulance work. There is some wave to the panel and I have no way to remove this with the equipment and environment I have to repair this - but I hope you will forgive me as I did the very best I could with what I have available to me - plus the $ at this time. IT came down to what was available and not the $ as this is to honor those that may have had to be in this unit or serviced by it:

The interior hacked out holes will get finished once I get inside.

I moved to the rear doors and working around to the other rear section - there were two metal panels riveted onto the the rear doors and I removed them - there is a 4 bolt hole pattern to the left door which I believe was possibly an antenna mount ??? Please correct me if I am wrong.

There is more rust now than actual panel damage that would have accounted for having to rivet on two panels to cover it all up - I will start from what I have and work it out from there so there is no cover up or hacked in panels.

Please forgive me as I am trying to save and bring back as best I can with what I have available - besides I am not very smart. Just want to save this ambulance.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:roll: What the heck.... What happened to the M38A1 project? :cookoo:

zout

no pissin whining here - waiting for Debs engine to get done - I like working in big spurts instead of nit pickin stuff - you critics are hard to please rofl

I am still shooting for her to bring this to the 2011 Ga Rally - just so ya all can sit back and calm down :roll:.

As long as I can get that wire harness from Maine in a timely manner when I order it and the engine in place - I will play whoop a** on hers - now Dingers is a whole nother story as we have yet to get his engine sent out - its a southern thing with vendors if ya know what I mean.

But then again I would like to have the 43 done to bring to the rally and leave the 109 at home - I may need medical attention of I have one tooooo many cherries at the fire

zout

Absolutely NO - the ambulance is a halmark of CAMO. Anytime CAMO wants the unit for display or whatever it is theirs to take. If I kick the bucket - the unit goes automatically back to CAMO.

I am the trustee of the unit to do whatever I can as the owner to bring it back to life for display - I hope I can do this and give the vehicle the honor.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I was worried that you may have sold the jeep for scrap, to buy paint for that 43...

zout

I may have thougth about buying air to put in the 43's tires in trade for the jeeps - but Deb would have taken my life in a heartbeat - even when she is not around she is physic and knows what still goes on around here - go figure. Unless one of you are giving her info ??

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Got Insurance??

Don't tell PB = but I was welding and getting the side panels in and sparks ignited the seat pads and the interior of the rear of the ambulance was in flames before I could even detect any problem - once it had a good start on me the most effective thing I could do was run away like a little scaredy cat - sissy butt - ever wonder how much would be left after an M43 burned to the ground ??

Zout...you will shortly be receiving a fairly large bill from the Consolidated Government of Columbus, Georgia.
You will also receive a verbal butt kicking from MB for causing me another heart attack!:roll:

Now that I know it was a joke and I feel better, I'll just tell ya...it's looking good!:jumpin::grd:

Attachments

Danger Ranger

I am still behind. How many of those pills did you take PB??? Wanna make sure I didn't take too many.

Zout, .....oh where to begin....oh right, WHAT IS THIS, A SOAP OPERA?!?!?!?! You are killing me!!!:cookoo::roll:;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks