• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well ratpoop!!!!!:evil:

Got two nice boxes by UPS from the parts feller...right away I was leary cause neither box was long enough to hold a head gasket...opened both boxes.:mrgreen:

Instead of finding shinny new parts to fix Zouts engine we found some nice rubber door seals, a couple of nice mirror brackets and some other stuff.:roll::roll:

Anyhoo...called the feller and he said oops...send em back and he will take care of shipping and make the order right.[thumbzup][thumbzup]

Tic, Tic, Tic etc,.

Hey, we work better under pressure anyway!!

Attachments

zout

Well ratpoop!!!!!:evil: ------
Those little avatar critters are Squirrels - not rats.aua
And he is shooting a nut off his head - not poop. aua

Da Ja Vu - same thing happened last time I ordered a part from there - he must loose a lot of cha ching in shipping costs - makes it on the other end with the part though.

Seems it would be cheaper to lower price cost - advertise will ship but have no clue when & if you will get it !!!!!!!rofl

There was a song long ago "ANTICIPATION"

Tic - Tic - Tic - 9 days and counting down

Then there was that other song "The Heat Is On"

(did I mention 9 days and counting)

:nothingfunny:

onegmjack

I tought the squirrel was robbing the other squirrel of the acorn.Like the raccoon robbing tigger or just keeping him busy chasing them off and cleaning up the mess they leave.

zout

8 m o r e d a y s

UPS I bet is on high alert headed into the compound today - gonna be a mod scene around his Big Brown Truck.

Wish PB had Live Web cams set up down there just so I could watch :jumpin:

Even if the countdown date does not work out - I am invading the compound the 1st - ready or not - here I come.:driver:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The box went back yesterday Brother, PB don't halfstep or double clutch..:shock:

I'm gonna call the parts feller again this morning and give him the shipping info and see if he will go ahead and reship our order before he gets this one back.:beer:
Anyhoo...see yaz on the first. If nothing else we can consume some charred animal flesh and drink "stump water" and terrorize the local community for a day:shock:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Quick update: parts feller says our order will go out today (again) and that was around 11:00hrs.

Also, he found our other parts order...in California!!!:shock::shock:

Hey...if mistakes were never made life wouldn't be a challenge. :beer:

Attachments

zout

I am stupified.
Murphy's Law

My order from him went to Maryland one time - DUH - that was the brake parts order that I wanted before a weekend to get them done - by the time he found the order - had redirected back to him - a new replacement order sent (seeing as he knew I did not possess it) came the following week - did I mention - DUH -
Same crapola that happens in this business so it is pretty much expected - its a tread when you get stuff like your suppose to - hey - Like Christmas even.

Looks like BBQ and liquid refreshment - but you still get to see annoying me the 1st

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I am stupified.
Murphy's Law

My order from him went to Maryland one time - DUH - that was the brake parts order that I wanted before a weekend to get them done - by the time he found the order - had redirected back to him - a new replacement order sent (seeing as he knew I did not possess it) came the following week - did I mention - DUH -
Same crapola that happens in this business so it is pretty much expected - its a tread when you get stuff like your suppose to - hey - Like Christmas even.

Looks like BBQ and liquid refreshment - but you still get to see annoying me the 1st
Nope...we will::grd::grd:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
UPS feller came at 09:40 with a nice long box!:)
Said box had everything we need...EXCEPT...main bearings!!:(:(

Called the parts feller...they weren't in stock so they are being drop shipped later today.auaaua

Oh well...crank needs a little more polishing anyway.

This mission will be accomplished...on time...or I'm gonna throw a conniption fit!!

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'd rather not say Jim, he's a good guy and this is the first time anything like this has happened.
Always top notch service.

Heck, we all make mistakes...I do it frequently!!:beer:

zout

Same here - But I do know, its not the engine guy:deadhorse: LOL

There were many a orders placed through this vendor that went like clockwork - its just because of my being time orientated and trying to get something done and leave the equation out of MURPHIES LAW - that something got messed up.

In the same process its lets me know where I stand in the universe - learning patience once again.

I will order from this vendor again in a heatbeat when I need parts to finish Debs jeep.

I work better under extreme pressure that would probably kill a lesser man anyhow.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got my PM, You're right the vendor is top notch. Z, do you need a generator/regulator for this? Maccus mentioned it.

zout

I think - and I use that term lightly - that Debs parts are operational - will know when installed I guess.

Dingers is the one I need the 24v stuff for as this was an early CJ5 and in 12v. Making it into something it was not.
His engine parts will all be in Monday and it is an assembly on his as well.

Just need to get a price of the 2 components first from you as I am tied up in both of these plus after getting as far as I did on the 43.

Not bitchin - not whiinin - just what the circimstances are.

Glad I fueled up the 100 gallon tanks of fuel on the 109 to get ready for the rally though already.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just pay shipping. (The generator is HEAVY) Do you want the new style regulator or the old? Please PM an address.[thumbzup]

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the only single pulley generator I had in a large flat rate box. I also have a new and an old style regulator in a medium box. The medium will go out tomorrow, the large will be monday. I need to get some peanuts for the gen box. I used a can of mushrooms as a filler in the medium box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks