• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming Attraction - project #6 M43 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

I use to work with grown-ups in the Air Force - but this bunch astounds me daily - its like the group I really perfer to be with once ya sort em all out (if ya know what I mean).

Scarey part is - its like dealing with myself except I am a little more distorted than others rofl but anyone that jumps out of a perfectly good airplane/balloon/tower has to be totally nuts to start with.

My gracious humble bow to my fellow members - YOU GUYS AMAZE ME
and I am proud to know each one of you as I meet you eye ball to eye ball.

Did someone say Mushrooms - I wonder what the SUGAR content is ?????:beer:

OH YEAH - PB - ONE MORE WEEK AND I GET TO EAT

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If we had some main bearings the engine would have been put together today Zout.
We did some more cleaning/polishing and Tony painted some bolt-on stuff...it's purdy!!:)

Didn't take any pics cause I swapped vehicles at home and of course the camera was in the car!!:oops::oops::oops:

Yep...one more week Zout, you will drive yer M43 around the compound.:beer:nopics

Last edited:

zout

:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin: that say's it all.

Even next weekend I was not going to post any pics TILL THE RALLY - then its a free for all.
The engine install is just for us.

Danger Ranger

Man I got tired reading this and trying to keep up with you working on this.
You got tired of this?!?
This seems to be one of the only threads on this site that is almost constantly updated with pics and info nearly every day. Throw in the characters of Z, PB, and Tigger, plus a couple others, and it makes one **** of a thread. Thanks guys. I don't know many other people who can turn around an M43 in a few weeks....

zout

You guys just amuse easily - that's all :razz:

If he thought the 43 was something - he should see the 2 M109's made into full RV units I had posted here - I think I had like 880 pic's plus crap load of other posts I had DH remove a few months back. You just have to see em up close now to get the idea - Dingers unit I fab'd and entire ac retrofit kit to and it will freeze you outa the cab. Not the roof kind - engine mounted ac compressor system.

We did those in 9 months time. I worked all week on them - Dinger would come down from Cummins Sundays and work around 7 hrs on them - rest was my time. I would never do it again though.

My favorite - is that 43 my friend sold to me - now that baby rocks. He knows I am flat jumping outta my skin to head down there Sat am early to have breakfast and go work.

zout

YUP - you beat me to it PB.

Sitting here on my day off waiting to go get Debs engine that is still not done.

AND - I have all the pics of the 43 trying to cut a slideshow with BORN IN THE USA soundtrack live in the background - then will add this coming weekend pics to it.

This weekend is going to ROCK

zout

3 more days

"A" secret - I bet he has more than one secret stored away in there.

You know I am already jumpin outta my skin - and ya gotta go throw this in the pot - gggeeeeeeeeezzzzz.

zout

Ok Here are my guess’s at the SURPRISE:

1. You have moved your AO and not going to tell me – I will be coming to an empty lot Saturday – haha
2. Someone fired up the personnel heater and burned out the back of the ambulance.
3. The tires that were on the 43 – really look better on YOUR ambulance – again haha
4. The engine is made to run backwards !!
5. You have saved a collection of possum for WM – and storing them in the back till the rally.
6. There is a bag of hidden fish rotting in the back – and I get to be the first to open the back doors Saturday
7. The Red Cross’s look better with bulls eyes painted in them – really hahaah
8. No really – someone practiced to center in before the bulls eyes were removed – I now have bullet holes.
9. New engine looks better in PB’s ambulance.

Status
Not open for further replies.