• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Commence Operation Deception or a FUCV

I decided to do it.

I will forever be known as a lowdown no good fake.

I shall build the Military Bronco that never was.

The FUCV

With rattle can in hand operation deception is under way.

Here are some pictures. I don't know if I like the black wheels. Maybe I should go olive instead?

What do you think?

Attachments

Last edited:

SPCWarning

Looking good. Once the rest of the BroncV is camo'd, the wheels will blend in just fine black. Don't forget those chrome bumpers. And the emblem looks good painted over just like you did on the fender.
Keep up with how many rattle cans you use so we'll know how many it takes.

A few more pictures.

Also could someone put up a picture of the grill of a cucv so I can see how the slave cable and blackout light is placed.

And what are the small rectangular lights in the bumpers for?

Could use some pictures of unit markings and size of stencil used.

Also I could use the dimensions of the flat stock the brush guard is made of.

And any other pics you think may be useful

Thanks in advance

Attachments

srodocker

That is awesome!!! i think if i get a ranger for a small truck im doing the exact same thing. i may get my wifes commuter car and i can paint that. a 91 toyota corolla hahahah

robert c neth

Banned
when i was in the marines they had bronco,s and scouts painted od .ted nugent has about the closest thing to a military bronco that ive seen and nice job, enjoy driving it and keep people geussing!!!

SPCWarning

Measurements

A few more pictures.

Also could someone put up a picture of the grill of a cucv so I can see how the slave cable and blackout light is placed.

And what are the small rectangular lights in the bumpers for?

Could use some pictures of unit markings and size of stencil used.

Also I could use the dimensions of the flat stock the brush guard is made of.

And any other pics you think may be useful

Thanks in advance
Looks good. The stock on the grille guard is 1 1/2" X 1/4" thick. The rectangular lights in the bumpers are Blackout Marker Lights. You may be able to find a whole set of blackout lights for it and make them work on your Bronco.
Here's a pic of the front of mine so you can see where the slave receptacle and light are located as well as a pic of the numbers on the back.
The size of the stencils was 2" on the bumpers.
Hope this helps.
Jimmy

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

February 12th, 2012.

You're a little late on the Ford! I had an 1989 F250 that was some kind of prototype from Canada, as it had way oversize front and rear axles and springs from the factory, and almost nothing on the suspension was locatable on the computer as actually having been on that truck, and I bought it new from a Ford dealer. We used to tow a 47,000lb steel railroad caboose around with it because of the excessively low gearing, but other then that it was trimmed as a XLT Lariat... The odd part was Ford ordered five different speedometer cables for it for five different variants of the truck, and none fit plus they didn't have the number in the computer that was on the original....;)
It must have been a special CIA order or something that got away...:whistle:

combatmech

That is cool!! Dont forget to pull the carpets, radio and A/C, but leave the heater.
The colors turned out real nice!!!:beer: There is a Honda Accord on NS Norfolk that is painted CARC "style". Think he used the same kind of paint you did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks