• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

como wire

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim Williams is selling some on Ebay, too, item 310323230169. Advert says WD-1 and mentions TA-312.

Jim's seller name is j5w23 and from my dealings with him you can't go wrong.

Bob

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Though TA-312s, TA-43s, CE-11, SB-22s, and TA-1s are still on active duty, the message came out last year to turn them in. As of Dec 2010 all the two wire phones and equipment that are being dropped from MTOE. There was a list of LINs that included more items, but I can't recall the entire list. The TA-312 entered service around 1953, and it's time in the Army is done. I'm sure theyll be around for years, but will no longer be MTOE authorized.

frodobaggins

We had the crank ups and the squeeze phones in 97. I do know that a squeeze phone to the base of a spinal cord will knock a man out cold. I apologized to that A-hole everyday after that.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had the crank ups and the squeeze phones in 97. I do know that a squeeze phone to the base of a spinal cord will knock a man out cold. I apologized to that A-hole everyday after that.
:shock: I rode the 312 lighting once, and heard plenty of stories about "ringing somebody up", but never like that. Base of the spine... try the temples next, or ears? Little jolt through the brain ought to do a body good. :mrgreen:

GUNNY 155

I think I can find you some wire, I just got some from this gent. Google Hayes Otoupalik. He is a military collector / sales person. High quality stuff and has a lot of hard to get things. Prices are fair given the rarity of some items.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While it's been three years (Apr 08), the guy that got a bunch of WD-1A is Michael Hurd, of Trumansburg, NY. I got four spools from him (each was 32,600 feet - about 6 miles). Each wooden spool weighed over 275 pounds. PM me for his address and phone number (as of Apr 2008).

Baron3-6

FYI-I'm very certain I inventoried TA-312's in 2008 while on active duty! They're still floating around out there.....I own one that my friend found at a goodwill for $10. A common use currently is to connect joint bases to each other.....little US outpost next to an Iraqi or Afghan Army outpost. Obviously, you can't give them a US radio with keys, etc...so, the old field phones come out of the back room and get set out. Very effective.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
That's WD-1A, not WD-1, and it appears to be on a DR-8B reel, not a DR-8A reel.
WD-1 - two separate wires, usually twisted together very loosely, but not joined at all
WD-1A - two wires held together by the insulation, much like common household light cord wires.
DR-8A reel - has only one connectors block because it's for two wire cable
DR-8B reel - has two connectors, because it for four wire (WD-16) communications cable

HAWKMAN

OK..this stuff is finally worth something now? So I guess I should stop stripping/scrapping them? For the longest time I couldn't get anything for my 312's or the SB-22's.....well, I'll load them back on the pallet and see if there's any interest at my next show...:?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks