• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Confirmed- Tuff Stuff D-Ring Fits

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the cotter pins are harder to remove than those locks off the lime green ones. Small locks can be busted off with a pry bar and cut like butter with bolt cutters. Meanwhile those darn cotter pins take forever to get out of the hole.
The locks are not for security, rather, for "cotter pin wrasslin' avoidance". Yes the locks are easy to remove, that's the point :)

When watching winching and recovery videos, I see it recommended to pack along extra shackles. I already have four. I want to be able to remove them easily, but not lose them on the trail like I might with hitch pins. Madness, with method in it.

Last edited:

Ilikemtb999

I thought you were going for an anti theft device. I use soft shackles. Easy to pack and wrap around lots more things than other D rings. I’ve also heard the stock mounts bend when pulled at an angle and the stock shackles can also open up with a side pull.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When loaded on ship or train, the loaders tend to bend the mounts.
Fronts mostly.

My M1008A1 made the trip to the sandbox and back.
Front mounts were chained too tight at some point and slightly bent inward.

Gives it character since it was done in war service.

No idea about the side pull.
Would take a LOT of force to break one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks