• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contact Maintenance Trailer

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't done hardly a thing with this project. Getting tired of seeing all the trailers in the yard. Anyone have any interest in obtaining this project? I consider it my torch cart but after the GA Rally, I'll have a pioneer tool trailer to do the job.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I was gonna say that would look good beside a certain tool trailer I've seen,but I guess you
beat me to the draw !!!!rofl LOL!

popacom / BILL in Ky.:shock:

Chief_919

I just got a HMMWV contact truck body, and am looking at doing just this. I will have to fabricate the bottom floor to it, but that should be easy enough

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the winner is..............Docfarmall. Thanks Jeff, I'll get you the stuff we spoke of real soon.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since abandoning this project and selling it off, I found myself having to bolt the body down and wire the lights so I could transport it. Since doing that over the last couple of days I've gronw somewhat attached to the little booger. Tonight it went on it's first journey. Despite the sway from having no tongue weight, it works pretty cool. Here's a dusk pic of it with the lights (except that one marker) on for Doc to see. This is really a cool trailer!

Attachments

MatthewH

Recovery4x4,

I'm building a similar trailer, and am ready to pick the box, but i need to get a set of straps to pick up the SECM box. How long/wide were the straps you used?

Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a mix of straps and it was not easy. I ended up getting 2 identical brand 30' straps 2" wide to do the job. They are recovery straps not rated for lifting so I kept the area clear until the box was set.

MatthewH

I had a mix of straps and it was not easy. I ended up getting 2 identical brand 30' straps 2" wide to do the job. They are recovery straps not rated for lifting so I kept the area clear until the box was set.

Did you have any problems with the box after lifting, i.e., did it cause any damage to the corners, roof, or did anything shift or buckle once you picked it up and set it back down on another frame.
Being aluminum and rivited construction, I want to make sure I don't have to remove the welder and torch tanks before picking this thing up to insure no damage to the box.

Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope. The box is strong as heck. It did have the welder in it when I moved it but no torches. Absolutely no deflection in body panels.

jets1959

Nope no problems with the body i got it and it is a awesome trailer . It is for sale as i need to clear out some of these trailers we got 8,M101a2's, 1,M101a1's, 6,M105's, 1 Miller trailer, 2,M129's,2,M149's3,M332's. 1 M435A2C D/S
What do you want for it or for one of your m101a2's?8)

islandguydon

I applaud your ingenuity, You have a trailer to be proud of. Since the weight is more on the rear would it be wise to install 4 crank jacks to keep it level when not hooked up to the truck..?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks