• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contact Maintenance Truck - specific about tools and box organization? TM for box?

diesel583

I had pictures of mone when I got it, Yes it was loaded. They were on my profile but have disappered in the change over. I'll see if I still have them. I have a Miller XMT300 with a bad board, quit in the middle of a job. If anyone is interested PM me.

dependable

Not sure what of the point in trying to determine the original tool set is unless you want to display in collection. I am trying to equip mine in the the most useful and practical way for the work I do. A lot of Gov spec stuff from the 1980s is not that practical. Am keeping the truck mostly original while stocking it with good tools that I will use.

Keith_J

Here is as far as I have gotten with the restocking. No fun lifting the shield gas cylinder up on the horizontal rack.
What is that? A 225+ cubic foot? I have a 125 cubic foot for my argon and I can toss it around easily. I need a rack for up there since it won't fit in vertical. My SECM was an EOD conversion of an ORD so it lacks most racks. It has hose rack.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is that? A 225+ cubic foot? I have a 125 cubic foot for my argon and I can toss it around easily. I need a rack for up there since it won't fit in vertical. My SECM was an EOD conversion of an ORD so it lacks most racks. It has hose rack.
I believe a 200 CF. Fits the bottle rack perfectly.

bimota

Someone asked why I care - simply put the tax payers paid some expensive engineers to figure this all out. Why not leverage that to the best of our abilities? So the point with this thread is the same as the point of this SS - make the liquidation materials as usable as possible.

I'm simply amazed at the tool list - thank you for that! Sure wish mine was loaded with the tools.

bimota

Any chance you will post this in Excel format or Word or some form that we can then modify? I want to modify the list for my specific truck for training of crew and inventory checks) - please PM me if you don't want to post or I think others would want it as well. Thx.

Skinny

I do not want to restore mine according to the military use...I just think it would be cool to know what was in there and see photos of it in use. Entertainment purposes only!

diesel583

The mechanics I have worked with said they carried what they needed for their job not always a set as issued. They also said the best equiped trucks were the combat engineers.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Any chance you will post this in Excel format or Word or some form that we can then modify? I want to modify the list for my specific truck for training of crew and inventory checks) - please PM me if you don't want to post or I think others would want it as well. Thx.
I'm assuming this is directed to me. I had it in excel but I can't post it on here in excel because it won't take such a large file. Rather than dealing with 100 emails for it in exel, I guess I need to email it to a mod. Just need one to pm me a email addy I can use away from this website.