• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contact truck box

riggermedic

What is a contact truck box worth? I remember seeing a thread by recovery4x4 I think about putting a contact truck body on a trailer I can't seem to find the thread. I have an opportunity to buy a contact truck box with the generator and A welder of unknown operation for very cheap how much does this thing even weigh? I would need to manhandle it off the truck and out of a guy's backyard onto a car hauler trailer just to transport it. Asking price is $500. What military trailer with this fit on and how much fab work does it need to place it on the trailer? All opinions welcome

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the joker with the gas powered welder? If so, that item alone is heavier than a pallet of anvils. Probably 1000#. The box that I used on my trailer was on blocks when I arrived to get it. The Dodge that it came off was in the yard. I used 2 12' 4x4 beams, cinder blocks and a bumper jack to raise it up and get the truck under it and then to lower it. It can be moved like this but it's a slow laborious job. M101 chassis is what I used but even an M105 could work if you have something to tow it. I'd say worth every bit of $500.