• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contact truck box

riggermedic

What is a contact truck box worth? I remember seeing a thread by recovery4x4 I think about putting a contact truck body on a trailer I can't seem to find the thread. I have an opportunity to buy a contact truck box with the generator and A welder of unknown operation for very cheap how much does this thing even weigh? I would need to manhandle it off the truck and out of a guy's backyard onto a car hauler trailer just to transport it. Asking price is $500. What military trailer with this fit on and how much fab work does it need to place it on the trailer? All opinions welcome

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the joker with the gas powered welder? If so, that item alone is heavier than a pallet of anvils. Probably 1000#. The box that I used on my trailer was on blocks when I arrived to get it. The Dodge that it came off was in the yard. I used 2 12' 4x4 beams, cinder blocks and a bumper jack to raise it up and get the truck under it and then to lower it. It can be moved like this but it's a slow laborious job. M101 chassis is what I used but even an M105 could work if you have something to tow it. I'd say worth every bit of $500.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks