• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convenience Outlets Calling all Electrical Experts for Opinions

storeman

Thanks Keith,
Will do. Have been w/o internet or would have gotten back to you sooner. That 30 amp limit would be 220/250v right? And I could still get 20 amps 125v on both fuzed outlets so long as no heavy intervening load on the 250v, I gather. Correct? If I up the feeds to the 250v plug, that should let me use it for occasional load testing, shouldn't it?
Jerry

Last edited:

storeman

Mine is at my store and I use it to load demo generators I'm selling. No pictures or video at hand. I saw the video epitts posted so I assume that answered your question.
Jerry

PsycoBob

I've seen a couple consumer-grade generators that use a 30A breaker before the 20A breaker. Works, but the overall design was best described as lazy. Be advised- that 120/240v 30A receptacle may have been built to 20A spec, depending on who spec'd it. Hooray China!

Wiring color seemed random on the cheaper Coleman-branded Generac-built unit, but the Generac-branded (and up-sized a bit) version of that Coleman POS used all black wires with plastic ID collars to match the wiring diagram. Of course, it also had a ton of other features that make me describe the Coleman as a POS in comparison... like a decent muffler.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks