• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convenience Outlets Calling all Electrical Experts for Opinions

storeman

Thanks Keith,
Will do. Have been w/o internet or would have gotten back to you sooner. That 30 amp limit would be 220/250v right? And I could still get 20 amps 125v on both fuzed outlets so long as no heavy intervening load on the 250v, I gather. Correct? If I up the feeds to the 250v plug, that should let me use it for occasional load testing, shouldn't it?
Jerry

Last edited:

storeman

Mine is at my store and I use it to load demo generators I'm selling. No pictures or video at hand. I saw the video epitts posted so I assume that answered your question.
Jerry

PsycoBob

I've seen a couple consumer-grade generators that use a 30A breaker before the 20A breaker. Works, but the overall design was best described as lazy. Be advised- that 120/240v 30A receptacle may have been built to 20A spec, depending on who spec'd it. Hooray China!

Wiring color seemed random on the cheaper Coleman-branded Generac-built unit, but the Generac-branded (and up-sized a bit) version of that Coleman POS used all black wires with plastic ID collars to match the wiring diagram. Of course, it also had a ton of other features that make me describe the Coleman as a POS in comparison... like a decent muffler.