• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

convert a srw to a dually

jatonka

Well, I have a cheesy set of dual wheel adaptors for Chev 8 bolt hubs that are for the LT235/85r 16s that we use. I put them under my 79 Chev K20 to install a flatbed and Pac-Lift to service traffic signals, I had to jump curbs and do real out of level all the time and never had a problem with those spacers, but it sure stablized the truck so I didn't crash out of a 28' high platform lift. I have them, Would part with them if anyone wanted them. JT

dstang97

The later dually pickups used 14 bolts instead a Dana 70. That's what I have under my '67 C-30. There are 3 different width 14 bolt FF rears - SRW, cab and chassis dually, and Dually pickup/short bus.
What Year did they use the 14 bolt Dually? IIRC 88+ GMC and 91+ Chevy had a wider SRW than previous. Also dont forget about vans They are different too. so there is more than 4 widths.

Matt65

hello gentlemen.i need a little held with my m1008.its my work/play truck and ive been thingen of maken it a dually.what do yall think
I have a friend in the middle of taking the 3+3 cab off a dually for a short wheelbase conversion. The dually bed and running gear will be for sale, pm if interested.

67_C-30

What Year did they use the 14 bolt Dually? IIRC 88+ GMC and 91+ Chevy had a wider SRW than previous. Also dont forget about vans They are different too. so there is more than 4 widths.
Yes, you're right, I was generally talking about 14 bolt rearends in these body styles. I'm not sure when the changeover year was, but I had a '87 dually pickup with a 14 bolt, and the one under my '67 C-30 came out of a '97 C3500.

Attachments

bighoss0331

put if wanted to do the easy thing i never would of join the corps.i think the gooseneck flatbed with som duels would work the best.the most heavy i haul is a 6000 pounds.i got a 84 k30 and a 06 chevy 3500 so anit really worried about haulen that much her

dependable

This is my first CUCV, a 1008 I bought as a cab & chassis from a refuse district. I took the 14 bolt duel rear from a 1979 C-30. Differential 4.56 with locker is from cucv axel. Worked this truck for 10 years. I know some folks would convert the front axel to duelly type rims, but I kind of like it the way it is. Used the truck locally and have lots of spares of both types of rims, so it was never a problem. If you change out differential chuck, follow bearing pre-load instructions from good chevy manual. I use the factory one. I added new HD springs plus 4 leaf helper spring packs from C-30. Helper spring rests cut from C-30. Holes are already drilled in 1008 frame. It helps to look a stock duelly to position them. Use grade 8 bolts.

Attachments

junkridge

Dually

should only be 2 widths in the 73-87 trucks. dually and srw. few diferent brake opp though

73-87 Dual wheel trucks had 2 widths, Cab and Chassis was narrow compared to a factory dually Bed trucks, then of coarse you had the SRW trucks and vans. The cucv dually that I had did have the adapters and fenders added to it to make it a dually I got it straight from GL like that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks