• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

convert a srw to a dually

jatonka

Well, I have a cheesy set of dual wheel adaptors for Chev 8 bolt hubs that are for the LT235/85r 16s that we use. I put them under my 79 Chev K20 to install a flatbed and Pac-Lift to service traffic signals, I had to jump curbs and do real out of level all the time and never had a problem with those spacers, but it sure stablized the truck so I didn't crash out of a 28' high platform lift. I have them, Would part with them if anyone wanted them. JT

dstang97

The later dually pickups used 14 bolts instead a Dana 70. That's what I have under my '67 C-30. There are 3 different width 14 bolt FF rears - SRW, cab and chassis dually, and Dually pickup/short bus.
What Year did they use the 14 bolt Dually? IIRC 88+ GMC and 91+ Chevy had a wider SRW than previous. Also dont forget about vans They are different too. so there is more than 4 widths.

Matt65

hello gentlemen.i need a little held with my m1008.its my work/play truck and ive been thingen of maken it a dually.what do yall think
I have a friend in the middle of taking the 3+3 cab off a dually for a short wheelbase conversion. The dually bed and running gear will be for sale, pm if interested.

67_C-30

What Year did they use the 14 bolt Dually? IIRC 88+ GMC and 91+ Chevy had a wider SRW than previous. Also dont forget about vans They are different too. so there is more than 4 widths.
Yes, you're right, I was generally talking about 14 bolt rearends in these body styles. I'm not sure when the changeover year was, but I had a '87 dually pickup with a 14 bolt, and the one under my '67 C-30 came out of a '97 C3500.

Attachments

bighoss0331

put if wanted to do the easy thing i never would of join the corps.i think the gooseneck flatbed with som duels would work the best.the most heavy i haul is a 6000 pounds.i got a 84 k30 and a 06 chevy 3500 so anit really worried about haulen that much her

dependable

This is my first CUCV, a 1008 I bought as a cab & chassis from a refuse district. I took the 14 bolt duel rear from a 1979 C-30. Differential 4.56 with locker is from cucv axel. Worked this truck for 10 years. I know some folks would convert the front axel to duelly type rims, but I kind of like it the way it is. Used the truck locally and have lots of spares of both types of rims, so it was never a problem. If you change out differential chuck, follow bearing pre-load instructions from good chevy manual. I use the factory one. I added new HD springs plus 4 leaf helper spring packs from C-30. Helper spring rests cut from C-30. Holes are already drilled in 1008 frame. It helps to look a stock duelly to position them. Use grade 8 bolts.

Attachments

junkridge

Dually

should only be 2 widths in the 73-87 trucks. dually and srw. few diferent brake opp though

73-87 Dual wheel trucks had 2 widths, Cab and Chassis was narrow compared to a factory dually Bed trucks, then of coarse you had the SRW trucks and vans. The cucv dually that I had did have the adapters and fenders added to it to make it a dually I got it straight from GL like that.