• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting 932A2 to Dump

Here are some pics of the old spool and the new two stool I installed. I still need the winch control cable.
Yes I would like you would need a little big tank then the one on the M932. The one on my m929 hold about 6.5 gals of HD.
M35A2-AZ do you have the part number for that valve?

tobyS

Moot point sold the 932.
Actually not moot. I have thought about it and I'm sure many others too.

Given there are a lot of tractors that are in very good condition and a lot of the dumps have been used hard and put away wet, it seems like a worthy subject, not just become a dead branch on the information tree at SS.

Is there any un-answered questions that would aid a future researcher to know besides yes, it can be done with some hydraulic details... based on the cylinder fluid volume being used and that it is an open center hydraulic system?

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Andrmorr

I'm back in state and trying to catch up on SS...so with all the sales and project changes, are there any pics of an M930 dump w/ winch anyone is still wanting?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I need pics from underneath the truck showing the hyds. and controls.Also does a m930 use the oil tank on the dump body for the winch ? thanks,john

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the one I used, Long story LOL, There are others that may cost less.
The things you need are open center, spring centered, (DA) double acting. Surplus Center 9-20-2-X
I did not use a spool that is for a motor.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...S-PRINCE-STACK-VALVE-OPEN-CENTER-9-20-2-X.axd
Not sure if you still have the truck, or use the winch much or not, but do you notice or know of any ill affects of not using a motor spool for the winch?

The only thing I can think of would be a shock load possibility, when stoping winching out a heavy load, such as using an A-frame setup for lifting?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if you still have the truck, or use the winch much or not, but do you notice or know of any ill affects of not using a motor spool for the winch?

The only thing I can think of would be a shock load possibility, when stoping winching out a heavy load, such as using an A-frame setup for lifting?
I have not seen a problem with it, I have used the winch three or four time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks