• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting Deuce body to Dump??

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought I would throw this into the mix. My IH 1724 Dump has two hydraulic pumps. The pto driven pump powers the dump bed. It also has a pulley driven pump on the engine that powers the snowplow attachment on the front as well as lines to the rear of the truck to operate a road maintainer. The engine mounted pump works very well. I'm sure it would power a dump hoist easily.

Attachments

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the status on the "kit" that was being tossed around last spring?????

Inquiring minds wanna know!
If you're talking about the one mentioned at the front of the thread, I think Offroadfabworks has flew the coop. Last I heard several members here were looking for him.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's up with these links? They come up dead.

I've aquired a Omaha Standard hoist to put on my deuce. I'm trying to figure out how to mount it and fit between the crossmembers of the truck frame. looks like it's going to be tight.

I'm also wondering about a dual output PTO. Can a standard front output be converted to dual output? Seems like I remember Jatonka offering this conversion.

jatonka

I have the accessory drive unit that goes on the transmission PTO. It gives you a rear facing PTO, independant of the front facing PTO. I just did a dump conversion using a Crysteel hoist and pump/valve/tank combination driven by an accessory drive off a Deuce transmission PTO. It is very strong,and fast and dependable. I have a crysteel dealer just down the road from me. PM me for what you need, JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks