• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CORRECT ALTERNATOR 4 A M1008?..

ida34

Only if they are connected in parallel. aua I think $100 is the going rate and much better than getting a new alt.

CCATLETT1984

I paid the same price for my alternator rebuilds, had them done by suburban Alternator on Gratiot (the orange building)
They also rebuilt my starter for 125 (that includes 15 for the new nose cone I needed)

gasser

rizzo said:
so does that mean $100 to get the alt rebuilt is a good price? rofl
Rizzo, I hope that's a good price! :D
I just got the alternators rebuilt for the CUCV I am selling for $105 from a local rebuilder here. They are working great! Pumping out approx 14.8v each!

-graham

Jersey4x4

I just went through this with my 1008 and it was tough to find the correct alternator since I had unoriginal units to start with but I do have a part number from ACdelco for the correct unit and they are very much available. It is 10459234 and or 321-744 either number is good just depends on what you part supplier uses. Advance, auto-zone, pep-boys uses the 6 digit number. it is the correct unit and direct bolt on for either side with all the terminals in place for the AC output and the ground isolation.

ida34

That is about right on the diagram rizzo but the connections on the real truck are not quite that clean. :D

jumpmasterjim

Real good price. I had 3 rebuilt up in N.Y. cost me 160 a piece. I priced a new one at Pep boys and they quoted $560-. So I figure it is a great deal. I used to rebuild my own in "the old Days". Now it seems that between getting the rebuild kit, testing the unit, and putting it back in, Its worth it to pay someone else and put the liability on them.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I dont recall the exact price, my local alt shop rebuilt GreyBirds CUCV alternator for ALOT LESS than the prices you guys are paying.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks