• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cranetruck needs some help

Towman2277

Shipped to: JOPLIN, MO, US
Shipped or Billed on: 08/23/2006

Tracking Number: 1Z E27 049 01 4510 321 6
Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR
Weight: 7.50 Lbs

Package Progress:

Location Date Local Time Activity
RALEIGH, NC, US 08/23/2006 6:13 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
US 08/23/2006 5:34 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 08/25/2006 1:24 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)
This is the latest posted??? Steve

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason, not yet, let me get some feedback from David, if he can ship the part(s). I'll have them tomorrow. I'll let you know...

Cabell, sorry for the interruption of our conversation, had to put the phone on the charger. You don't have to apologize for a shipping error that you have no control over. This trip has been delayed several time already so another couple of days is no big deal.

Elwenil

It wasn't leaking or anything was it? From the info from running the tracking number, it was scanned when the driver picked it up at the shipping location but it was never scanned again. This could be because the system is not updating, because the package is lost in transit and never made it to the depot, or that the package was pulled from shipment because it was not packaged correctly or was damaged.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Bjorn,
Unfortunately it seems we have had a misunderstandiing - while I would have gladly shipped you a head, injector and or pump as mentioned in the PM - I would have had to known your desire before 9 AM this morning - which is why I tried to send you my cell number....I am now on the road, and the parts well distant from me and getting further all the time.

I am going to try to reach you/and or Jason via phone now that I have a number.

Best,
David

CGarbee

I actually just spent a little over an hour at the local UPS hub (big one at the airport) raising hell... They admit that it got picked up at my office, but after that, they have no clue... The trace from our end will take one to eight days... Of course, they offered to refund my shipping amount after the end of the eight days, but not Bjorn's expenses (I laid it on pretty thick that I had a dead truck, a stranded trucker, and had a mechanic that had driven up from Arkansas to spend a day waiting for a part...). Standard procedure...
Sad thing is that when I send a package that contains some takeoff part that is of little value and it is sent by the slowest and cheapest method, it gets there in two days...
Next time, I think that it will be FedEX or DHL...
I talked to Bjorn and offered to pull and ship a pump off the M36 that is behind my friend Andy's house, but he declined in favor of parts from David or Jason, so hopefuly, if David no longer can supply them either Jason can or word will get passed on to me to ship my alternate set of parts...
Hopefully, we can find both the lost head and get Bjorn on the road without too much additonal delay.
Cabell

CGarbee

Elwenil said:
It wasn't leaking or anything was it? From the info from running the tracking number, it was scanned when the driver picked it up at the shipping location but it was never scanned again. This could be because the system is not updating, because the package is lost in transit and never made it to the depot, or that the package was pulled from shipment because it was not packaged correctly or was damaged.
No, nothing wrong with the packaging... Brand new head in its box (never been on a truck), packed inside another box with a two inch buffer between the box surfaces filled with shredded paper.. Both UPS's big label and two large Avery lables on it clearly marked to and from). Done this more than once, just had this one dissapear... If it had been pulled for some reason (faulty packaging, leaking, etc.), they would have a note in the system, but they have zilch...

rmgill

cranetruck said:
Jason, not yet, let me get some feedback from David, if he can ship the part(s). I'll have them tomorrow. I'll let you know...

Cabell, sorry for the interruption of our conversation, had to put the phone on the charger. You don't have to apologize for a shipping error that you have no control over. This trip has been delayed several time already so another couple of days is no big deal.
Bjorn, you are a VERY patient man. Made any friends at the Flying J?

Hookin1

Bjorn,

If all else fails i can bring you my truck(sorry it dos'nt have a crane)and drag yours back to evansville.Sorry to hear about your malfunction.....Let me know..i'll help anyway i can.

CGarbee

5:44 Eastern... UPS says "We are conducting a trace and we will let you know if we find it. We are sorry for the inconvience."
Some days it works, some days it doesn't...

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had critical items not show up when they were promised in the business I'm in (IBM). I have always begun an imediate escalation of management and demanded a status call every 2 hours or so. The higher up the chain you go, the more attention your situation gets & the fact that Bjorn is broken down at a truck stop should should be enough reason for UPS to tag this as critical.

The key is to be business like, but, demand the next management position up the chain if progress is not made every 4 hours or so.

I'm probably preaching to the choir. Good luck Bjorn.

OMG!

I just got online after working out of town for a week and read this thread. I have been broke down before in the middle of nowhere and it sure is a good feeling to have friends like all of you helping him out.
Hats off to all of you that are making every effort for Cranetruck's repairs.

As a sidebar, If any parts are needed after repairs are made and Bjorn is underway, I could offer my business here as a repository of any necessary parts for when Bjorn eventually gets to his destination, which is only 25 minutes away. Plus, he will be going right past my place (101 freeway and offramp about 150 yards away) to get there. I have tools, air compressor,and friends with welding shop and machine shop.

Godspeed Bjorn

jasonjc

GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS Bjorn is up and running again and should be on the road frist thing in the morning..I took a IP off a truck that had been sitting with most of the line open or removed for years. And as luck would have it the head was still in good shape and he put it in today and made a few test laps around the praking lot and it ran fine.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thats great news!!!! :beer:

Shook

Just read the post today. Cool deal. Glad to hear Bjorn and his Cranetruck are back on the road. Bjorn is a great guy. Wish I still had my deuces I would have ran him one out there personally. Great job Jason!

Brian Shook in Vale, NC

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, I hope you are keeping a log of your trip. It would make for a good read in MV mag, repairs on the road, performance on bio, people you meet, etc. Best of luck to you Bjorn.
I'm just a tad east of Gary, At the 605/210 junction. If you are close and need anything, call. 626-840-1751.cell.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad to here that Bjorn is back on the road! It sure is great to see all the help he can count on, from all of the members here! Let's all keep em rolling !:driver: .