• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cranetruck needs some help

houdel

Here is the "latest" info from UPS, they obviously still have no clue!:

Exception

Shipped to: JOPLIN, MO, US
Shipped or Billed on: 08/23/2006
Tracking Number: 1Z E27 049 01 4510 321 6
Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR
Weight: 7.50 Lbs

Package Progress:

Location Date Local Time Activity
RALEIGH, NC, US 08/23/2006 6:13 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
US 08/23/2006 5:34 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 08/27/2006 12:03 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

jasonjc

BAD NEWS I just got off the phone with Bjorn he is on the side of the road just off I35 and 56 in/near Gardner that is SW of KC. The truck is stalling when he lets off the throttle. and now it will now start. Any one in the Kansas City area that can help you can call him and leave a meage on his tracphone and he will call back That nuber is a few post back. Bjon # 276-952-8704

jasonjc

He does think its the same thing. Think's he had 2 problmes and the leaking head was just one , that we fixed and was just more visable (fuel spaying out) He thinks maybe the govener or some thing I'm not that knoageable on the inner workings of the IP myself.

m3a1_ht

It looks like Bjorn is only about 10 miles away from the home base of the Kansas City MVPA affiliate chapter "Hell on Wheels." Those folks may be able to help. The contact info that I have is:

Kansas City "Hell on Wheels" Chapter - MVPA
604 North Walker Lane
Olathe, Kansas 66061
John Pojunos - (913) 856-6393

Is Bjorn able to get on-line at all or is he restricted to phone comm only?

BR,
Dan

CGarbee

This may be more appropriate for a whole new thread, but since it concerns the lost hydraulic head...

I finally managed on Saturday to talk to a person high enough up the management chain at UPS to get them to admit that the folks who actually investigate this kind of fault don't work on weekends, and that they had not actually "really" started to look for it on Friday evening they just had a flag out for it... And they were not very interested in having somebody who actually works on a Friday afternoon (or on the weekend) actually go out and look at the truck that picked it up... Their tracking shows that it was picked up, but they never showed it getting offloaded at the hub... I have this feeling that it is sitting in a truck or on the floor either off Atlantic Avenue at the teminal in Raleigh or at the RDU airport facility...

I still have access to an entire pump, but getting it pulled and shipped to wherever Bjorn currently is located would take at least two days, assuming that it was not lost (by DHL or FedEx...).

I hope that he can get some good help in Kansas.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am leaving NW Arkansas heading to Ft. Riley in an hour or so I will drive through Kanasas City and Joplin on the way. Since it is Sunday almost everything is closed with the exception of WalMart, but I will give him a call just in case I can be of help.
James G.

gbooth

I seen the post bought Bjorn be broken down in Gardner since that is only 7 miles south of me I went over to see if ii could help. I caught up with him on the off ramp of I35 Hood up with him under the hood. I offered him the complete Injector pump that I have but he thought that the problem was something simple. We took the fuel shutoff cover off and found that the screws that hold it in place had vibrated tight and would not allow free movement of the slide. Loosened the screws and re-installed cover started truck Ran fine. I gave directions to the easiest way to get to I70 led him through town and on some back roads till we got to Hwy 10 He allowed the truck was running Good. He thanked me for my help and I wished him a safe and no more breakdown trip. He went west to hit I 70 I went east.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: I'm glad to hear he's up and running and on the road again! :D

Dieselsmoke

gbooth said:
I seen the post bought Bjorn be broken down in Gardner since that is only 7 miles south of me I went over to see if ii could help. I caught up with him on the off ramp of I35 Hood up with him under the hood. I offered him the complete Injector pump that I have but he thought that the problem was something simple. We took the fuel shutoff cover off and found that the screws that hold it in place had vibrated tight and would not allow free movement of the slide. Loosened the screws and re-installed cover started truck Ran fine. I gave directions to the easiest way to get to I70 led him through town and on some back roads till we got to Hwy 10 He allowed the truck was running Good. He thanked me for my help and I wished him a safe and no more breakdown trip. He went west to hit I 70 I went east.
Awesome, that was sooooo cool of you to do that! I'm sure he appreciated it!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
It sounds like the gasket under the shutoff cover is missing? If so, then replace it, if it is then adding another may shim it out some to prevent this from recurring.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The screws were too tight, found the problem as Greg pulled up. Great moral support! THANKS Greg!! Left the screws w/o the safety wire, will check on it in the morning to make sure the spacing is just right. The gasket is in place.
Thanks Jason for posting my request for support.
Deuce runs just like normal again. Stopped for the night a while ago in Salinas, KS (Flying J again). :)

jasonjc

I'm glad to hear you are on the raod again. I'm not shure about the flying "J" not shure if they are good luck or bad??? :p

devilman96

Man what a trip... I think I would have burnt that thing to the ground and bought a plane ticket home by now... LOL Or well... its always easy to think such when it is not your beast doing the butt kicking.

Its really cool to see so many people out there bobbing and weaving trying to help each other out and do what they can... Sometimes just the moral support makes all of the difference in the world.

Good luck and no more problems!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks