• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crew Cabbin'

BleedDemon

I'd also like to put in a late-model interior. Air conditioning, sound system, sound/climate insulation, better-performance exhaust system with added muffling (neighborhood-friendly), seat belts, maybe a King Ranch seat set (2 captains and console for front, possibly 2 captains chairs for the back seat. 3, space permitting--even if it requires removing 4 arm rests). Not looking for fancy, just comfortable and heated seats for my wee ones (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). A 2nd set of interior lights in red (LEDs, most likely) for night vision when camping/hunting/zombie plowing. LED headlights/taillights/markers/signals, [perhaps relocating the headlights to the radiator area (may look like a mini deuce)], electric fan(s), tasteful-looking & useful snorkel (perhaps insulated 'neath the hood), raised exhaust, hood louvers as found here: http://www.rocky-road.com/louver.html , door mounts similar to newer Jeeps for easy removal--perhaps some tube doors also. It would be a hardtop vehicle, perhaps removable sections, i.e. a t-top over each portion of the cab. A roof rack, off-road lighting, new winch cable (MAYBE a thimble, but the hooks look SOOOO much cooler) would all be key, as well. Anyone have any ideas for mods whether they be for efficiency or off-road/survival capability?

Last edited:

BleedDemon

Air conditioning, sound system, sound/climate insulation, better-performance exhaust system with added muffling (neighborhood-friendly), seat belts, maybe a King Ranch seat set (2 captains and console for front, possibly 2 captains chairs for the back seat. 3, space permitting--even if it requires removing 4 arm rests).
Radio would be screen w/o GPS, but would include reverse camera (perhaps using toggle switch).

BleedDemon

That's the one I've was thinking of. It suppose to have an Isuzu diesel in it also.
I think this particular truck is up for sale. $13,500 obo. It does have the Isuzu diesel in it. I don't think it's for me. I'd rather do the work myself. It is a DARN good-looking specimen, though. Same markings as the pic posted, but no snorkel and some other things appear to be missing.

DicedDeuceMan

Almost did mine into a command car. I have it mostly figured out, layout, . ect. No time yet.
My old truck is up for sale, (not in its original shape tho) palmatary.jpg

nattieleather

Well to do that you will need to either lengthen the frame or get a different frame and drop the body onto it. Though a crew cab canvas top would be interesting. Maybe look into a modern truck like a GMC/Chevy crew cab truck and drop the M37 crew on to the frame. You would get modern running gear etc that you wont have the the M37. Find a ford crew cab with a power stroke that would be interesting.... you have many possibilities.

superbee70

I was thinking of a suburban frame and running gear. My older M I swapped a 318 chrysler with a 4 speed, stock axles and brakes. Still can't decide what to do with the new one...swap axles to get better brakes and gears, jeep 4.0, etc. With the burb I would get gears, brakes and small block TBI.

BleedDemon

That 'shopped example is exactly what I'd like it to look like. I've seen some diesel, 4x4, 2500 Suburbans for sale on some auction sites as of late. I think those would make great donors for a new guts truck.

Last edited:

tbone1004

Superbee, I'm trying to figure out the swap. I was thinking the Jeep 4.0 would be good, but I think I'm going to try to find a 7.3 IDI to swap into it which would certainly be unique.

superbee70

Problem with the 4.0 is the transmission. Not sure how well the AX-15 would work. if you swap as a unit with transfer case the front driveshaft is on the drivers side. I think there are 2wd versions of the ax 15 that would work with the stock transfer case.

BleedDemon

I think I misspoke when I was typing. I don't think I'd try 2.5T or 5T axles. I think I'd go with Chevy 1T, 8-bolt axles and run HMMWV wheels/tires on it. I don't recall if I mentioned the exhaust, but it would resemble the HMMWV setup.
I'm also thinking of "militarizing" a 2001-2006 Tahoe. It would have the same HMMWV exhaust pipe, insulated snorkel, roof rack, spare tire carrier, CUCV (perhaps HMMWV) wheels with somewhat aggressively-treaded tires, body coated in bed liner, front cap removed and replaced with expanded metal grille, 7" LED headlamps and tail lights replaced with LED military tail lights, blackout lights, additional HO alternator and a set of red interior lights. Probably red digital gauges, too. I'm sure there are other mods I'm forgetting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks