• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Crushing a Car with a Deuce.

A friend sent me a video of a M211 mowin' over a 70's era Cutlass?.
I pity the Deuce. Great way to tear up the undercarriage on a classic vehicle.

Did a search and sure enough, there's a thread for this.

Wouldn't do it with my truck, nosiree!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uO1O5PsQDI&feature=related[/media]

Sure miss ya'll.

Still here, just busy.

Unforgiven

I liked the videos. Not because of the cars being crushed. But because every time I see the insane amount of rear axle articulation on the Deuce I'm in disbelief. I didn't even notice the Corvair, only the articulation that would make many a rockcrawler envious.

emr

Well I have to say for mthose who say, they can not wait to do it, well it sure is your choice, but the ownership of these vehicles is and has been un scrutiny before and will again,... For the attitude " If i want to do it I will" well that is your choice, and I am sorry for that,... this is in poor tast, and done in a radical manner that shows the person involved to be reckless and a possible endangerment to others, in the minds of those who want to regulate everything, ....as for lets vote em out, Thats good so lets all make sure we all vote and get our like minded friends to vote too, But that alone is not the answer, that truck is a piece of American History and represents much more than what was done with it, Now with all that said, In a controlled setting like when the Picatinny Arsenal stomps a car with an M 60 , that is very cool, there is a difference, This guy looks and acts like a nut and that attitude is bad for us all, period, .....Now I offered to run My 813 over 2 cars side by side so it would be a straight controlled run over 2 humps . would look cool and if stuck i would not act like an idiot i would stop and do the sensible safe thing to be unstuck, that guy i will say again, was dangerous and what He did was dumb at best, A16 year old would say it was cool, but usually an adult has a different point of view. Randy...out

Last edited:

nhdiesel

His car, his truck, I guess he can do what he wants with them. But like some of the others, I would never have crushed a rare antique vehicle, or taken the chance of damaging the Deuce. As for what impression it gives others- I really don't care. The people who have a problem with various things will ALWAYS have a problem with them. I'm not going to watch what I do because of a few frootloops. When in public I give a good image. What I do at home is my business.

CajunM35A2

One day they will regret the abuse

One day they will regret the abuse of these trucks.

Back in the late 1970's, WWII trainers, fighters and bombers, by today's prices, were downright cheap, as were the WWII CCKWs and halftracks and jeeps that were run into the ground as hunting camp trucks, off road construction equipment, and as generally roughly treated hacks.

Today those few aircraft and trucks that remain are cherished jewels to be coddled and pampered.

Those were the 40-year-old military surplus of the era.

Push the clock forward. Today's 40-year-old military surplus include these M35A2's, like the one that I am privileged to own and restore. Given what I saw years ago, I shudder when I see these trucks abused and butchered. Trust me, many owners of "bobbed" deuces will one day in the future regret doing this to those trucks.

Moreover, this kind of abuse makes it harder for us who want to have our vehicles recognized as cherished veteran vehicles of our military for which we want special privileges, when some out there abuse the **** out of them.
This is not rare...some antique cars live on as cherry, better-than-factory-new restorations and others have new lives as street rods and the like. Too many of them though, ended their lives as scrap iron and steel.

Rant over.
I am now off my pulpit.
Carry on.

Unforgiven

It's not just the truck. It's society. My personal pieve is when skateboarders break arms & legs doing stupid stunts, then go to the emergency room because their parents have good insurance. That $12,000 medical bill makes MY insurance premiums go up.

Name any facet of society & you will find reckless attitudes.

I think the guy in the video is an idiot as well. But, it's his truck, his Corvair, appears to be on private property. But if he rolls the truck over & needs an ambulance, I don't want MY insurance premiums to go up as a result.

I'm just fixated on the tandem-axle articulation.

Flyingvan911

I bet Ralph Nader wet his pants with joy to see the Corvair get crushed. See, they are unsafe at any speed, ha, ha. I know a guy who flew P-38's in WWII. After the war the Air Force sold them for $1,700 a piece. Today a flying warbird can go for millions.

nhdiesel

I wish I could have gotten my hands on a clean military Willys when they were cheap. Most of them got bought up by farmers and others who just cut them up to use the engines for farm equipment and power units. Near where I used to live there is an old sawmill that has the front clip of an MB welded to the sawmill, hood and all. It was cut behind the firewall and welded on to power the little sawmill.

There was another antique dump truck parked near it, abandoned way up in the woods. Maybe next time I'm in the area I'll check it out for old time's sake.

Jim

Westex

I enjoy my trucks. They have never let me down, once I've gone through them. Tough. Respectable. And with all the stuff I've ordered from Jatonka, they are now my economy "green" vehicles.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait till the M211 owner figures out he has cased that hydromatic. I have seen M211's that are never driven off the parking lot because the tranny is somehow broken, and the owner can't pay it. Too bad the guys couldn't swap the good tranny to the cared for truck and the crappy one to the abused truck. now, abusing a 211 that was is obscene due to the value of them today. Deuces are cheap now, but wait and see if they do not command 5 ton prices in a few years. There are only so many to go around, and some people, whom I will not name, are HOARDERS!

i want to find an old mobile home to drive my deuce through:-D

It's been done. was over too quick, boring really.

try this. it is a proper use of a large truck, takes all day, and every bit is fun.

Demolishing a house using an M35 truck

and do it without damaging the truck!

USArmyMedic07

You guys should stop giving the guy such grief. What is the point of buying such an inexpensive and fun monster, if you can't play with it. Some of us cannot afford to dump thousands of dollars into a vehicle to restore and only drive in parades. They were built to be unstoppable and darn near achieve that status. I "hacked" up my deuce to make it better fit my needs. It was built for purpose, not for looks or as a restoration project. I've got less money tied up in my deuce than most guys have in MODIFICATIONS alone on their 60,000 dollar chevy's. Yet they still need me to pull them nad their 35 foot toy haulers out at the PISMO DUNES. Do what you will with your truck. As long as the guy isn't trying to crush cars on the interstate with soccer moms in them.....let him have fun. There are plenty of M35's coming up for sale. I see them being neglected in the national guard every day and they will not be sent overseas because they are not armored. (trust me, i've been there) Enjoy your truck, for your purpose and respect each other's uses of their vehicle.

As for the guy complaining about the skateboarder getting injured and making his insurance go premiums go up.....I hope you are an example of fine health and not an obese, burger snorting retard like a large portion of America, otherwise, you have no room to talk. The health complications associated with obesity and their costs of treatment far outweigh all extreme sports COMBINED.

Rant over....have a great day ladies and gents.

Quit hating on us youngsters....you'll rely on us to pay your social security someday.

Unforgiven

As for the guy complaining about the skateboarder getting injured and making his insurance go premiums go up.....I hope you are an example of fine health and not an obese, burger snorting retard like a large portion of America, otherwise, you have no room to talk. The health complications associated with obesity and their costs of treatment far outweigh all extreme sports COMBINED.

Rant over....have a great day ladies and gents.

Quit hating on us youngsters....you'll rely on us to pay your social security someday.
So in other words, you're saying two wrongs make a right.

me2.jpg

gunit

the guy did nothing wrong. it was his stuff. looked like fun. if your worried about some official using a video to hurt our hobby than do something more powerful that winning on a website--VOTE. its amazing how voting someone out or the threat of gets a guys attention. hard to believe anybody could get upset over that video.

joho

What a freaking retard. Those people should get a job and maybe buy some shoes and condoms because they shouldnt be breeding

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a proud owner of both a 1964 Corvair Monza 900 and three M35A2's, I am greatly saddened by the video.:sad: That being said, it's his stuff (I hope). Destruction of historical things is just wrong in my book. This is why I collect and preserve old stuff. Some things need preserving for the future, even the lowly Corvair. 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks