• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS diagnostic readers?

I am looking at getting a cheap hand held reader. There are a few around popular auction sites with titles such as "CR-HD DIY Heavy Truck Duty Code Reader J1939 J1708". It appears it will link with the passenger side diagnostic connectors. Has anyone used this? I would hate to spend that kind of money for something that would not get used for anything else I own. On the other hand....if it saved me a few hours everytime I was diagnosing CTIS problems....it would be worth every penny.

Any input?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The CTIS system is designed to have codes read with a reader or to interface with a laptop. The diagnostic connector is provided by a Y cable that plugs in between the harness and controller. If anyone can find the cable let me know. I spoke with the manufacturer who said the cable was only offered as part of an upgrade package that included a new controller with updated firmware. They could not provide a part number or any other info on just the cable and I spent some time talking to them.
Will

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks