• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS diagnostic readers?

I am looking at getting a cheap hand held reader. There are a few around popular auction sites with titles such as "CR-HD DIY Heavy Truck Duty Code Reader J1939 J1708". It appears it will link with the passenger side diagnostic connectors. Has anyone used this? I would hate to spend that kind of money for something that would not get used for anything else I own. On the other hand....if it saved me a few hours everytime I was diagnosing CTIS problems....it would be worth every penny.

Any input?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The CTIS system is designed to have codes read with a reader or to interface with a laptop. The diagnostic connector is provided by a Y cable that plugs in between the harness and controller. If anyone can find the cable let me know. I spoke with the manufacturer who said the cable was only offered as part of an upgrade package that included a new controller with updated firmware. They could not provide a part number or any other info on just the cable and I spent some time talking to them.
Will