• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV alternator symptoms, diagnosis and fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, please do not post about your problems in the stickies. Stickies are documentation/references to common issues.

Post your own threads to cover your problems.

pl1338

First off, this is a VERY informative thread. It is also very FUNNY at times, you guys have been cracking me up over here. I have a little charging issue along with a few others, my questions/request is this: Could someone please be so kind as to post me some pictures of properly installed wiring on the 1008 pickup. I won't bore you with the details, but you can figure I SCREWED UP! I think I may have fried the #2 unit as well, but I'll also pass on those details. Any pictures that clearly shows where all the wires go would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks for all the information listed here, I'm certain I will be needing it once I get these things installed correctly...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Closing thread to questions. If you have something that needs to be added, let me know.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those that order the alternator rebuild kits from ASP Wholresale, I have noticed that they are including a different internal capacitor.

http://www.aspwholesale.com/index.ph...ewCat&catId=47

They are shipping the kit with the 46-1106 1.5mF rectangular unit

The CUCV alternators need the 46-1101 1.5mF cylinder unit. You will need to call them and have them change it to the correct one, or order the additional capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks