• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV antenna brackets, legal issue?

bigmech

They might be legal but my neighbor hates them. He walked by my truck and hooked his new cowboy shirt on it and tore it bad. What he said afterward wasn't legal and now my son says it all the time !

Flyingvan911

As long as you have it mounted securely and it doesn't pose a hazard to other vehicles you should be fine.

I had a L shaped bracket on the old van that mounted under the step bumper. It held a screwdriver ham antenna and no one ever said a peep except that it looked like a rocket launcher. It was made out of 1/4 inch steel.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But how many gallons of fuel will the mil ant hold when fully extended? Is it increased if you have multiple units?

wikallen

8' 6" is the legal width in every state that I know of, mirrors don't count, they can be at 10'

JAYHAWK 1962

Yall are way too tough for me. my antennae melted after turning on my 100,000 watt linear amplifier. i wonder why all those radio tubes blew out? any ideas??

oilcan

The OP does bring up a good point about all the cell phone and texting bans. Not everyone agrees that 2-way radios are exempt, and driving a truck that looks like a porcupine could draw attention from Officer "knows-what's-best-for-you". And don't forget that police/fire scanners are illegal in some states.

In the real world, there won't be a problem with running the antennas.

McCluskey

I wouldn't be surprised if they were illegal in California. Anything cool, practical, and/or loud is usually banned in CA.
I still need to double check with my contacts before I install them on mine, but if I remember correctly from DOT codes for Calli, as long as it is an OEM feature of the vehicle it is legal.

Orange PD doesn't have an issue with the other 2 CUCVs in Orange with antenna mounts. Should be ok.