• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Build... Here We Go Again...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
can we lock this thread so it stops coming back up ?
We've tried that approach with insurance threads and battery threads, but it doesn't work.

Can you capitalize, I've asked you more than once(nicely).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No final pics as it was never finished. :-(
It's finished. I see it all the time. He drives it every day. Not afraid to use it either.

can we lock this thread so it stops coming back up ?
Any reason for wanting it locked? What is the harm in people checking it out and posting? No one is asking to lock your threads.
Before that happens, I'd like to know what happened, why no updates, etc. I looked around a bit, but didn't see anything explaining why it was not finished.

Thanks.
As stated earlier, it's done. The owner got tired of all the petty crap and complaining and just doesn't post any longer. Frankly, when I see responses like cucvnut's, I don't blame him.

llong66

That is absolutely unreal!!! Talk about rolling art!! I saw it asked and I may have missed the answer, but the front head liner? Was it custom made or is it one you can buy? I love the overhead gauges!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is one of those formed pieces that you attach to the inner roof. Looks simple enough to install but it takes patience to actually trim an fit. I will likely see it today as I have to drop off some rally goods. If it's there and my memory is engaged, what pics would all y'all want? It's not shiny new anymore, it's probably had 80,000 miles put on it since completion.

BobM

[. I will likely see it today as I have to drop off some rally goods. If it's there and my memory is engaged, what pics would all y'all want? It's not shiny new anymore, it's probably had 80,000 miles put on it since completion.[/QUOTE]

ANY! Feed our addictions!
And, please, tell devilman that MOST of us are NOT like cucvnut. We impatiently await these threads coming back up so that we can admire a monumental build like this. I'm glad this build stayed out of the dumpster and that devilman is using it.

Last edited:

llong66

It is one of those formed pieces that you attach to the inner roof. Looks simple enough to install but it takes patience to actually trim an fit.
Thanks Recovery4x4 its not the LMC one though, correct? I have never seen one of them other than the catalog pic, but it sure doesn't look like it and I was unaware anyone else made one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks