• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv door markings

MSgt USMC (Ret)

Mine looks like it was a chaplans unit and had crosses on the doors.
That's a Center of Balance or C/B marking. It was required for movement by air. That marking would be about the center of balance for a CUCV. Normally units would use masking tape to mark the "CB" as it would likely move a few inches from embarkation to retrograde depending on the cargo load

Chaplains attached to USMC units rarely if ever had a dedicated vehicle. If they needed to get around the CO's vehicle would commonly be used.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mario,

Most of the ones I have seen are " FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY" also for mine it was vinyl lettering rather than a painted stencil.

-Dale

Oh yeah I doctored mine some.
HAHA I love that. What color paint or vinyl lettering would be appropriate for woodland camo?

dependable

Uncovered this on my M1031. The plate shows door was originally in a m1008. High mortality rate on 1031 doors? Like they did not chock it when running PTO.

I believe IFOR was the 'stabilization force' in Bosnia.

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What color paint or vinyl lettering would be appropriate for woodland camo?
Per the manual- black on green/brown areas, green on black areas.

Cheers

PS added pics for example. Marine CUCV's often had the USMC###### on the door just above the crease line. Also, the Marines usually write the tire pressure as ##PSI, though they do use TP## also.

Attachments

Last edited:

Haweneyu

My 86 CUCV M1009 has the word "STAMPER" on the drivers door just below the window. Not sure what it means though.

A while back at Mechanicsburg I was doing a pick-up in the yard and had seen a sand colored blazer that had a VERY well done skull and crossbones on the doors.......I'd have bought it just for that reason!...cooooolll !! :-D

Legnasol

I am trying to gather pictures of door markings (and any others) on Cucvs so i can figure out what i want to put on mine. It doesn't run so I am getting antsy and have stencils and spray paint, so I need to do something right? (and i can't fix it yet Since the IRS likes to take its time with my money)
These pics are of my cucv they tried to cover with spray paint but you can see markings if you zoom in

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks